Hibs v Celtic ☘ 🍀 🇮🇪

Celtic really need to stop conceding clutches of goals. It usually happens in Europe but it’s happened a couple of times domestically lately too.

Boyata with another loose pass in his own half.

Armstrong is pants. Has lost the ball with his three touches.

Oh what a fucking chance.

Fucking hell

FFS sake.

Some brainfart from Gordon and then Sinclair with a great chance.

We should never have sold Stokes.

That was a cracking last half an hour there.

1 Like

Ridiculous ending to that game.

Horrible defensive performance in the second half. We should have won that game handily. The goal from the corner was really awful. That’s schoolboy defending to leave all that space. Second one was a better goal from them but we should have been well able to kill that game off.

Missed a glut of chances too. Sinclair should have had 2 more, Forrest and Edouard too and Dembele should have squared one.

Smashing game though.

Lovely all-Irish bonhomie between the teams at the end.

The Celtic back four was shambolic in the last half hour and that area really needs sorting out. But the chances missed at 0-0 and 1-3 were really bad and they shouldn’t have had a sniff of getting back into it. Could even have lost it after that last drop by Gordon before the Sinclair chance with the last kick.

What was the story with wearing pink today by the way? Presumably out three green kits strategy came back to haunt us.

Yeah I don’t think any of them played well and you’d have to add Gordon to that too.

Brown seemed to do well in front of them but he was run ragged near the end. Lustig rescued us well at the end but he was done a couple of times. Tierney wasn’t at his best certainly, though he pushed forward well with the ball second half. Boyata continues to look the most vulnerable. He gave it away far too often and he’s never a million miles from a mistake. Thought Simunovic should have been stronger for the second goal. He has Shaw held up and should be able to keep him outside without fouling him.

Yeah, that pink one was last year’s third strip if I recall correctly.

I’m starting to get irked by some of the Celtic players.

Name names, pal. (Don’t name Tierney please).

Gordon, Boyata, Tierney (sacred cow), Armstrong, Rogic to name a handful.

I’d like to see Ntcham get a proper run of games now and I’d be looking to get Kouassi more involved too.

What’s the story with Sviatchenko? He seems to be training but not featuring in matchday squads. I’m guessing Rodgers doesn’t rate him and will be happy to move him on but he must surely come into the reckoning when we’re defending like this.

I’d happily move on from Gordon, Boyata, Rogic and Armstrong.

I know you’re not suggesting moving on from Tierney but his defensive form has been suspect a few times recently. We’re badly lacking for cover for him which means he plays every game which is not ideal. He’s probably also suffered from Sinclair being out of form.

Gordon did better than I expected of him but he’s too error prone, not convincing with the ball at his feet and we could and should do better.

Boyata should be cover at best. There were stories a few weeks back about some trouble with a new deal. I wouldn’t be breaking the bank to keep him anyway. I’m always reluctant to let established players go because the transfer market is always a bit of a lottery but he’s very replaceable. Sviatchenko, as you mention, isn’t an awful lot worse. Ajer is still highly thought of but how is he not getting into that team? He did well last week actually.

Rogic is a flat track bully who will continue to do well sometimes domestically and get found out in Europe. He looks like a product of indoor soccer which is exactly what he has. Great technique and an excellent shot but he’s wildly inconsistent and far, far too slow in general play to develop much more. He’s also a poor passer of the ball which is a problem for a #10.

Armstrong clearly has ability and a few weeks ago he was playing some great stuff. But he remains consistent in his inconsistency and he’s far behind McGregor now in terms of reliability. His new deal was hardly the epitome of commitment but I doubt he’ll attract many decent offers on current form.