Hidden Gems

Has been badly exposed so far this season unfortunately, the very average haineman(sp) has taken his place…

Another decent prospect is young Spanish defender Alberto Botia, he is on loan at Sporting Gijon from :barcasmile: and looks like he will be an ideal partner for Pique in a couple of years

We’ve not heard much about Marc Wilson at Portsmouth but he’s started 11 games so far this season, second only to Younes Kaboul. While they may be bottom, it’s still impressive enough. Whether he’s a gem or not though I don’t know.

Seamus Coleman was man of the match for Everton today against spurs after coming off the bench in the first half…he joined them from Sligo Rovers during the summer I believe

Best club he could’ve joined considering they’ve about 6 players in their squad. By all accounts he was given the runaround against Benfica on his debut but he seems to be adapting now. Shockingly enough, that debut came without him even so much as being an unused sub beforehand. Great to see he was MOTM today.

Wasn’t paying too much heed to the match but he did superbly for Saha’s goal with a driving run and cross

Probably doesn’t belong here but I think Tom Huddlestone is a smashing footballer. Far better than the likes of Carrick and Barry imo.

I saw that, it wasn’t pretty, not pretty at all. The Spurs left hand side would be rich picking in fairness.

said it on here before…one of the best strikers of a ball in the premiership…too flakey for centre half IMHO and steps in and out of matches when centre mid…quintessential spurs player i guess…has all the skills and still very young…

sligo got 100k for coleman- spuds paid 10 million for bale & by all accounts coleman was the better player

Isn’t Bale going to be the new Liverpool full back?

Dunph badly exposed for sniggering at Ipswich’s new goalkeeper. :clap:

Richard Sukuta Pasu…This lad will go to euro 2012 with Germany

Rocko, what do you make of him…

Hasn’t put a foot wrong so far for Gijon against his old club tonight…this lad will be top class in a few years, no doubt Barca will take up the buy back option in a year or two

Abel Taarabt

He hardly counts Puke, an awful lot was thought of this guy even at his time with spurs it was only his attitude that was seen as bad.

Maybe but he is playing some stuff at the moment for QPR, it won’t be long before he is back at the top level, he is still only 20/21…

He has done very well the last 18 months in fairness and I’m sure he’ll be in the EPL next season, more than likely with QPR.

Two stunning strikes from Taarabt yesterday for QPR…best player in the championship by a distance

two more yesterday, he is absolutely lording it at the moment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NwX5QUzlvVg

He’s something special alright, will be interesting to see how he gets on in the EPl if/when QPR go up.

While I’m here, did anyone see the miss by the Hartlepool player against my boys Huddersfield yesterday? Unbelievable stuff which put a slightly surreal and pathetic cap on a day when the ground-staff worked like Trojans to get the game on only for Town to put in a pathetic performance and make a bollox of the chance to go second. :rolleyes: