Holiday destinations for the accompanied traveller

That’s looking grand. We’ll do the 5-day itinerary I outlined a dozen or so posts above and we’ve booked hotels along the route.

I was led to believe that Copenhagen hotel prices would be astronomical, but I’m delighted at how reasonable they are. I’ve found one that looks quite nice and it’s only €1,300 for 3 nights.

2 Likes

Have you tried AirBnb mate?

Posts like this are why @ horsebox is the top poster around here

3 Likes

I hope she is the one, pal. :astonished:

Thats room only mate, the girlfriend experience is extra

6 Likes

Some fantastic spots there for a fraction of the price.

I can highly recommend the Generator hostel in Copenhagen, mate. Be a fraction of that cost.

Down to the Victoria’s Secret for some singing

It’s unseasonably cold in Iceland. It was zero degrees today but I can console myself with the fact that the weather in Ireland has been brutal recently so we’re not missing out. Reykjavik is very, very, very small but grand. Saw a bit of it last night after we went to the Blue Lagoon direct from the airport. Will get to explore more of it on Wednesday.

Did the Golden Circle today which consists of three main places of interest - Thingvellir National Park (historic site of parliament in medieval times or some such shit, big rocks), Geysir (geysirs, volcano type things that erupt and have accompanying water / mud / lava pools), Gullfoss (spectacular waterfall).

Heading south in the morning for a couple of days in Vik and Klaustur.

Those photos suggest it was a bit like walking around in muck and cold, which it was in fairness.

18 Likes

Are there trees or any vegetation higher than a foot.

Looks like Clare on a good day.

7 Likes

The sense of unbridled enthusiasm in your words has me itching to go to Iceland.

1 Like

The houses are better.

1 Like

Ten (10) likes !!
That’s what @Bandage gets for posting pictures of his holiday. I fucking hope ye lads are as trigger happy with the likes button when I post up a picture of the beach in Santa Ponsa next August.

5 Likes

I’d say the ten likes are for his honesty in admitting he’s spent a fortune to visit a cold and miserable shithole

14 Likes

While Ireland bathed in glorious sunshine. I actually got a bit sunburnt on my arms yesterday.

@Bandage

Are you in a lot of pain?

Oh sure go on, there’s the 10th.

I’m doing this for you guys, but still you take your potshots. cc @Brimmer_Bradley, @Horsebox.

These little jibes have properly put me off my €27 traditional Icelandic meat soup stew after a hectic day’s sightseeing.

3 Likes

Ah well. What they served up to england in the euros was worse.