Hot Press' 250 top Irish Albums

I really dislike that Glen Hansard bloke. There are many musicians out there that are very good and are humble and there are many are shite ones who proclaim to be something they are not. Hansard falls into the latter category for me. The story MBB told here of him slagging off Ferghal McKee for not being a true musician summed up the prick for me.

Also I like the tags here. One of two posters wanting to have a pop and hiding behind the anomynity of the tags. Sad really.

I don’t recall him slagging McKee off at all farmer. I believe he was just saying McKee wanted the fame and glory and when he couldnt get it he snapped (I believe McKee is a little mental isnt he? Some “issues” there I heard). Hansard said it was always just about playing music for him.

Nothing wrong with that in my opinion.

Also Farmer, I added the Richie Kavanagh tag, I hope you don’t mind.

[quote=“myboyblue”]I don’t recall him slagging McKee off at all farmer. I believe he was just saying McKee wanted the fame and glory and when he couldnt get it he snapped (I believe McKee is a little mental isnt he? Some “issues” there I heard). Hansard said it was always just about playing music for him.

Nothing wrong with that in my opinion.

Also Farmer, I added the Richie Kavanagh tag, I hope you don’t mind.[/quote]

Of course that is slagging him off.

McKee = not a ‘true’ musician only interested in fame. Bad.

Hanserd = all about the music and doesn’t care about the fame. Good.

I was actually referring to the other tags. And I see you have added another now.

Twat.

[quote=“farmerinthecity”]Of course that is slagging him off.

McKee = not a ‘true’ musician only interested in fame. Bad.

Hanserd = all about the music and doesn’t care about the fame. Good.

I was actually referring to the other tags. And I see you have added another now.

Twat.[/quote]

Ah lovely, farmers spoiling for a fight. :smiley: I didnt add that tag farmer, I applaud who did though :clap: I have a feeling I know the person who did add it and I’d say they’re delighted with the outcome.

You’re reading what you want into Hansards comments because you don’t like the guy, shows a certain lack of education there, but hey, we’re all used to your carry on when it comes to music.

I’d be the of the same opinion on Hansard. Hate the Frames. Thankfully they are no more.
Hate Damien Rice too.
Only have couple of the albums listed there, BellX1, JJ72, Divine Comedy-wouldn’t have a clue about most of the others.

Just because Farmer expresses an opinion in relation to music, everyone is just waiting to jump on his back and have a cut off him. Get over it.

:smiley:

[quote=“myboyblue”]Ah lovely, farmers spoiling for a fight. :smiley: I didnt add that tag farmer, I applaud who did though :clap:

You’re reading what you want into Hansards comments because you don’t like the guy, shows a certain lack of education there, but hey, we’re all used to your carry on when it comes to music.[/quote]

A word of advice MBB.

Try and learn to fight your own battles instead of getting people to row in behind you the whole time and playing to the gallery.

Someone get IOTM under this guy’s name as well.

Not at all. I was just referring to the tags is all. Someone wants to have a pop without declaring who they are.

Reminds me of Dougal in Father Ted hitting the priest the sly kick when he was on the ground and then running away.

[quote=“farmerinthecity”]A word of advice MBB.

Try and learn to fight your own battles instead of getting people to row in behind you the whole time and playing to the gallery.

Someone get IOTM under this guy’s name as well.[/quote]

Farmer is seriously kevving here, and all because I claimed a certain amount of respect for “Dance the Devil”. Having a bad morning farmer?

Drop me an aul link where I asked anyone to row in behind me?

By the way, I won’t be taking “advice” from you anytime soon. :smiley:

Ya its no REVELATION that Farmer has strong opinions

That was the Perfect Opening Line to use in this thread Julio.

[quote=“myboyblue”]Ah lovely, farmers spoiling for a fight. :smiley: I didnt add that tag farmer, I applaud who did though :clap: I have a feeling I know the person who did add it and I’d say they’re delighted with the outcome.
[/quote]
Who was it then Columbo?

I just said I have a feeling I know who it was. I also know it wasn’t me. That is all I know with regards to this matter. I feel the person in question will come forward in their own good time.

Out with it or stop bullshitting.

:rolleyes:

I see no reason to cast aspersion on people on here sid, if that person wishes to come forward, they will. It is their concern. I do my own thing. It wouldnt take Matlock to figure it out however. Why the concern?

When it comes to discussing music
We all know Farmer is going to lose it
MBB with him likes to toy,
by dissing your man from Whipping Boy.
All it takes to make him lose the rag
Is a witty comment in a little tag
He comes across as a bit of a knob
But he’s really just a music snob

:thumbsup:

Well excuuuuuussssseeee me
I did not mean to touch her hand
It was a momentary
Forget of who I am

I have used so many people
For no reason or no gain
Sometimes it’s just for fun
Or a way to keep me sane
There’s someone lost inside of me
Who drowned in risky games
You ask too many questions for me to feel okay
What if you lost all those fears of me

I tell you it’s not easy
Cause with grace I made you pay
The limits that we set make good lovers turn away
Remember how not long ago
We screwed away the pain
I tell you it’s not easy, each dog must play his game
What if you lost all those fears of me

I’ll let you go so don’t beg me, beg me

Now you’ve gone and I’m still same
But that will never change
A bitter love, a broken love, a love that stays the same
Now you’ve gone and I’m to blame
There’s nothing left to say
I told you it’s not easy, each dog must play his game

Walk out of here, you could run out of time
But I’m never gonna get to you
You have loved all my lies and plagued my desires
But I’m never gonna get to you
It’s the end of my time and I have to decide
If I ever wanna see it through

Beg me, beg me, beg me

[quote=“Pikeman”]I’d be the of the same opinion on Hansard. Hate the Frames. Thankfully they are no more.
Hate Damien Rice too.
Only have couple of the albums listed there, BellX1, JJ72, Divine Comedy-wouldn’t have a clue about most of the others.[/quote]

Think the Frames are back together. One of the band lives in Monamolin now as well.