House of Prayer

Anyone know anything about this crowd?

They seem to be some sort of Catholic spin-off organisation, based mainly in Mayo. They were setup by some woman called Christina Gallagher and she seems to have become very wealthy on the back of it.

There was a story in one of the papers today (Sunday Times I think) about a collection they were organising in the House of Prayer that the Virgin Mary had asked for. Basically Mary seems to have appeared to one of the leaders and told them they need to raise a couple of million euro quicksmart and so the House of Prayer lads have been going round organising meetings to collect money from their members.

Mad to think that stuff like that still goes on these days.

[quote=“therock67”]Anyone know anything about this crowd?

They seem to be some sort of Catholic spin-off organisation, based mainly in Mayo. They were setup by some woman called Christina Gallagher and she seems to have become very wealthy on the back of it.

There was a story in one of the papers today (Sunday Times I think) about a collection they were organising in the House of Prayer that the Virgin Mary had asked for. Basically Mary seems to have appeared to one of the leaders and told them they need to raise a couple of million euro quicksmart and so the House of Prayer lads have been going round organising meetings to collect money from their members.

Mad to think that stuff like that still goes on these days.[/quote]

I scanned a very brief report on them a couple of weeks back but it was just a cursory glance at a Sunday paper article in truth. It seemed to be alleging that she’d purchased a house for her son with some of the money raised so far. Obviously, I’ll need to read more about them before coming to a judgement on their merits and motives but I’m wary of all such organisations to begin with.

Maybe some of the talented reporters from the TFK Mag could get a top scoop on this obvious suicide cult.

Who fears to speak of Easter Week?