Kevin Moran
Tj Reid
Henry Shefflin
Damien Hayes
Ritchie Hogan
Joe Canning
John Mullane

Simples!

I agree P Maher, M Cahill, M Fennelly, Suttcliffe, McGrath & Power do not deserve nominations.

Mullane & T Walsh do however imo. Bar the Leinster final, Tommy Walsh had a great year i thought.

Tom Condon while finding it hard to claim an award is a glaring omission as is Donal O’ Grady for Limerick.

This man speaks the truth. No Dowling, what a joke!

I stopped paying any great heed to the All Stars back in 1988 when Joe Cooney, who was by some distance the best hurler in the country was ommitted for Ciaran Barr of Antrim. Brian Whelehan’s ommission in 1994 finished me off with All Stars.

[quote=“carryharry, post: 716362”]

I agree P Maher, M Cahill, M Fennelly, Suttcliffe, McGrath & Power do not deserve nominations.

Mullane & T Walsh do however imo. Bar the Leinster final, Tommy Walsh had a great year i thought.

Tom Condon while finding it hard to claim an award is a glaring omission as is Donal O’ Grady for Limerick.[/quote]

Tommy Walsh had a pretty awful year IMHO especially by his standards. He was brutal in the Leinster final, had a decent second half against Limerick, didn’t feature much in the semi final thanks to Lar trying to molest him, decent second half in the first game against Galway and Donnellan comfortably had the beating of him before his rush of blood to JJ’s head.
All in all a poor year. He, like many others, are there on reputation only but it wouldn’t surprise me if he gets an all star.

Wouldn’t have thought O Grady merited a nomination. Solid but not outstanding by any means. Condon not getting one when Richie MacCarthy does seems strange.

Bulger from Clare is nailed on for number five ahead of Walsh/Welsh

Can’t be too far from the mark. Don’t know about Tommy though.

Tommy Walsh shouldn’t even be nominated.

yeah he is spot on in that article.

Anyone know who’s on the selection committee? Going by that list it must include idiots like Breheny and Vincent Hogan.

I’d be amazed if Tommy gets one. A bad year for him.

I’d say he won’t be too worried. Another Celtic Cross in the bag.
The worst thing that happened Tommy this year is that he’s going a bit bald.

What about full back? Will JJ get it based on reputation after kk concede 5 goals to galway in two games and Canning almost literally ran rings around him in the first AIF match?

Canning almost literally didn’t touch the ball from play in the second half of that game. And contributed a princely 1-1 in the first half.

That he didn’t touch the ball in the second half had nothing to do with JJ.

I just noticed Brian Murphy wasn’t listed WHAT KIND OF RETARDED SHIT IS THAT???

Marriage can change a man. He should have left it til he retired.

For fuck sake.

He almost literally ran rings around him in the first AIF match yet Canning barely touched the ball in the second half and this had nothing to do with JJ, although he was still running rings around him.

for fuck sake sake

Galways biggest problem in the second half was delivering decent ball to their forwards and Canning in particular, do you want to tell me JJ marked Canning out of the game all of a sudden? Rubbish.