Hurling Championship 2020 - The Year Limerick Blitzed

Jesus fitzgibbon went through twice and both times all he had to do was pop it inside to Kingston for a great goal chance …

1 Like

I enjoyed that. Really didn’t see Tipp winning it at half time, but fuck it they really wanted that one more. Callanan’s chase and hook just a small showcase of the desire.

Tipp won every break in the final quarter. Brendan Maher & Niall O’Meara came out with some amount of ball. Cork just went a little headless and their puckouts just never worked.

Willie Connors made a big impact from the bench tbf to him, Paul Flynn looked a threat too. Dan McCormack & Breen were huge for Tipp. Was Paudie Maher always that shit at delivering ball?

Cork did work a bit but struggled to win that dirty ball in attack and they weren’t exactly playing the ball into space. When they ran the ball through the middle, they looked good, but Tipp did work hard throughout tbf and never made it easy. Harnedy was very quiet first half, but excellent in the second. Dalton going off was a loss, Fitzgibbon just missed a couple of chances that maybe he’d have got if he was a little sharper.

Overall, I think Tipp were the better team. More tactically clued-in than Cork.

1 Like

Another windy cunt. The windiest hurling team I ever saw today, let a crowd of auld wans bate them

6 Likes

Cork fell apart when Lehane came on.

2 Likes

The second half was a proper championship game.

1 Like

O Flynn I think, having just scored missed another to put Cork 2 up and within a minute Tipp were back in the lead and that was that

And another one hopefully to come.

Jaysus this Super Spudhockey Saturday ain’t half bad.

1 Like

I’m hoping Galway - Kilkenny will be the best of the three games.

That 2nd half was good in fairness.

Thought Tipp were always going to be better against the wind as their forwards pass to each other

And now for The Main Event

3 Likes

Forde got away with 10 steps… Every team gets away with it… Hego a few weeks ago, Fenelly had 11 steps v Limerick last year… It needs to be called out.

2 Likes

They had no trouble with layving direct ball in against the wind either. The Wexicans could do with watching that second half back.

Joanne opting for the long lilac coat today

Donal looks like he was tending a blocklayer in the past hour. State of the coat

1 Like

Waiting on @glasagusban to outline how that wasn’t a battling win.

2 Likes

6 wins and a draw for Tipp since Cork last beat them

1 Like

:joy: some mugs on here

the state of shefflins jacket

1 Like

They get wan goal then a second goal