Hurling Championship 2020 - The Year Limerick Blitzed

Good hard game of hard hurling

Still recovering from Joe Cooney’s point. What a fucking cut.

2 Likes

He’s winning some great ball around midfield/ half forward line but he doesn’t have the pace to get away from players and his decision making is questionable

1 Like

Plenty of half chances for goals for either side in this, just the final ball doesn’t make it or the space gets closed. Enjoyable enough fare other than all the frees. Galway look the more comfortable.

1 Like

Galway done most of the hurling but KK as ever hanging in there by any means necessary. Galway with the wind 2nd half but it doesn’t seem to be affecting the game as much as the match in Limerick.

Is your man supermacs guy playing at all?

1 Like

If Galway get a goal early it’s Red Rover, KK will need goals to stay with them

He retired last year

Cats big 3 of Fennelly,TJ and Wally not firing an iota.

*Camille/ Red bull

1 Like

Fine game, one point lead with the breeze to come. Need to cut out the silly fouling. Both teams displaying a lot if not too much respect for each other here, to be expected perhaps from the aristocrats of hurling. I expect both sides to cut loose in the 2nd half and we could see blood yet

The frees are killing us but great to see lads like Shane Cooney out on top.

Concannon could come off for Jayo I’d say.

Good game so far. Enjoyable stuff.

I think Galway have definitely been the better side on the balance of play but don’t have the lead to show for it. They’re isolating their full-forward line well and when the ball goes in, they look threatening. Had a couple of half goal chances and one clearcut one. If Whelan was in there more, you’d think it’d be even more of a threat. Maybe over-elaborating times but working hard in the middle third. Giving away some very cheap frees though; if they cut that out, they should win.

Kilkenny are staying in it. The frees are helping tbf but Cody is a very willing runner. Mossy Keoghan is a good bit of stuff too. Need more from Wally, I think.

How strong is the wind? They’re saying it’s a gale but Galway have got some very nice scores from out the field.

Have to be happy with that given how badly beaten we are under dropping ball and in physical contests in general. The fb line is holding up well enough, hb line less so, Buckley looks out of sorts. Conor Browne is working hard but as someone mentioned above, he’s headless. Richie Leahy has been the brightest showing imo and the forwards can actually hurl a bit. Would have been nice had the done it from the start but still, happy enough.

Kk are getting soft enough frees imo and Galway given away a power of ball too… Galway look the better team

I’d take Burke off

1 Like

Joanne has a lovely coat on but Shefflin’s effort is outstanding tonight

1 Like

Littlewoods Ireland again I wonder?

1 Like

Shefflin’s coat is atrocious

1 Like

On the plus side for KK, both TJ and Fennelly have been well held and they are still within a point.