Hurling Championship 2020 - The Year Limerick Blitzed

Some cameo by Richie Hogan there. Just sheer class.

Galway will be frustrated at leaving that behind them. Jason Flynn’s near post mishit really should have been a goal. Canning was excellent overall, but I think he played a bit of a dodgy infield line ball that was intercepted and the ball was in the net 5 second latera. Then to be hit again from the puck out changed the game entirely.

6 Likes

I noticed that. Then I was second guessing myself and wondering if I missed something in his display.

I think we’d beat kk if we played them again.
Barring a mental breakdown, which is more likely than not

Richie Hogan’s goal was a thing of beauty. You rarely see that type of goal in the modern game. Shades of John Troy or Seanie O Leary

6 Likes

How ye didn’t win that game this evening I’ll never know. Ye were the better team for large parts of the 70 mins.

Well we won’t know tonight. And leave us English out of it.

No real goal threat though. If you don’t concede goals and make it a pointfest it’ll work for you. But if you concede goals you’re in bother.

1 Like

POWER RANKINGS

1. Limerick
  2. Tipp
  3. Galway
  4. KK
  5. Waterford
  6. Cork
  7. Clare
2 Likes

Won’t know what mate?

Seriously just fuck off you Kilkenny cunt.

Nah.

Kilkenny
Tipp
Galway
Limerick
Waterford
Clare
Dublin
Wexford

:roll_eyes:

Yes, to state the absolute obvious…this isn’t fatal to Galway’s All Ireland chances. Tom Dempsey would agree with me that Kilkenny’s doggedness and ability to stay in games when the opposition are on top is a great trait. Galway will probably tweak a couple of positions and be better for it.

Fabulous goal and redemption after last years AIF.

It’s a long way from here though. Too many games now I reckon to win it.
Hard luck today mate. Cairde loch garman deserved better, but you know a Galway man feels your pain.

I have absolutely no idea how KK won that. Sheer doggedness. Cody is the GOATiest GOAT that ever did GOAT.
Hogan only has 20 minutes in him. But what a fucking 20 mins that was :clap::clap::clap:

2 Likes

Tremendous day of hurling, expected Tipp and Clare to win their games but Kilkenny surprised me again.should know better but I expected Galway to win that Leinster final.

Cody is something else, think its wide open now between the 6 teams that are left in the championship.

Important to go through the front door this year more than ever.

I’m smelling an ambush from Waterford, hopefully we’ll get the job in the end just about.

Galway are the first team to collapse from 5 points up inside the last quarter to lose by 2 in Croke Park since Wexford in last year’s semi final.

As for Wexford today, I’ll save everyone the trouble of scrolling past an essay without reading it. An absolute shambles of a display.

7 Likes

:joy:

Flatty has lost it

5 Likes

Shane Cooney was going very well in the full-back line up until Hogan came on; and then himself and Reid caused havoc.

Loftus doesn’t look to be a man marking corner-back to me anyway, gives away too many frees; Harte surely will start going forward.