Hurling Championship 2020 - The Year Limerick Blitzed

It would be similar to cody starting shefflin in the 2010 AI final

But it wasn’t really madness to give a lad with three goals already in the championship a start though. It was not seen as a big shock or madness at the time when it was announced he was starting as he was pushing hard for it. and Honan was carrying an injury The outcome was more than was expected but you could say that about any all ireland hat trick

Bate you to it kid

1 Like

Richie English is one of the best corner backs around. We are short corner backs. How MAD would it be if we started him

Thank god Galway wouldn’t be stupid enough to do something like that anyway.

1 Like

The situation room with Wolf Blitzer needs to get involved in this one

He wont start anyway. :smiley:

I threw in an auld hypothetical and lads have lost the run of themselves

Absolutely mental

Has it even been confirmed if he’s training fully?

He was on the bench for Waterford

1 Like

Hes back with them since after club

1 Like

Hows aaron costello doing?

He’s hopping off the ground on a diet of supermacs

Fully back

1 Like

Lovely. Kiely loves him

It would be a high risk move to start him - he could well start and do fine but training and an All Ireland semi final are different beast. Whatever about starting a forward coming off a long lay off to take that risk in your full backline could backfire spectacularly. English is made of the right stuff to do it but it would be a needless risk, the Limerick backs are a very solid unit and Nash has been adequate. I could understand the risk if your two starting corner backs were struggling big time and there were no alternatives.

1 Like

With the depth of that squad, there isn’t a chance of JP letting him play unless 100%

It would be a risk. The payoff is big. I’d rather start him than have him first sub for full back line

Casey being gone is a big factor. Nash had been adequate. English fully tipping isn’t even comparable to Nash back there

How many players are fully tipping first day out after a cruciate injury? It could well work but in all probability it is a big ask

I dont think he’ll start. If he did I wouldnt be overly worried

The discussion reflects the threat posed by the Galway full forward and half forward line.

Up until now, the Limerick full back line has been able to cope without 2 of their usual starters. Galway might test that.

The other issue is where should Kyle play. Cian or Kyle might need to be centre forward for the Galway game.