Hurling Championship 2020 - The Year Limerick Blitzed

NCW coach Paul O’Grady none too impressed there

Expect a call from @balbec telling you to reign it in.

1 Like

I just hope hurling is the real winner Sunday

Keep your snout out of it.

What year is that 2011?

2005 apparently.

1 Like

The group thingy in 2005. Galway won by a point (I think). Not either team’s golden era

Ah yes. Saturday night in the gg. Limerick needed to win in order to avoid Kilkenny the quarters.

Limerick didn’t win and duly met Kilkenny in the quarters.

Galway improved in that mad way only they can and went from barely beating us to turning in an insane display in the semi final against KK

1 Like

Lost by a point against tipp aet in a replay. Lost by a point to Galway I’m sure that day.

We were world class at losing by a point in those days

1 Like

We put up a decent show against the cats though. Donie Ryan had a goal disallowed. We pulled them back to one midway through the second half. DJ had to retake a penalty after rattling the net and blasted it over.

Peter Lawlor had a stormer the same day

1 Like

Was just about to post it

I watched that Limerick v Kilkenny game in a loyalist bar in Spain full of Rangers fans. Was the only bar in town with Setanta sports

Michael Clifford was in awful bother corner back on Hayes the same day. Roasted.

Cody supposedly said the only two Limerick players he’d take were Lawlor and Waggy.

You could see where he was coming from.

How did that go?

Four dead none from limerick

Happy enough to take the money off around 12 roasters in GAA jerseys. Drank a rake of fat frogs and stayed around for the quiz.

1 Like

He was unreal. He was some hurler in full flow.

We put it up to KK alright; again, with a bit more experience/one more top forward, we probably would have won it, they were there for the taking. Galway capitalised on that.