Hurling Championship 2020 - The Year Limerick Blitzed

Limerick, Tipperary, Galway, Wexford, Waterford maybe even Cork all have better hurlers than Kilkenny. It’s Kilkenny’s ability to make the opposition lose it’s composure which means they’ll get to semi-finals and finals.

Waterford lost their composure in the first half leading to poor decision making and shot selection, they did it right from the very start but they managed to regain that in the 2nd half and showed how much better hurlers they were. Limerick plugged away in last years semi-final but never fully regained that composure

Today will break the INTERNET

2 Likes

The line procrastinated . Didnt act quick enough to haul Hannon. The damage was done and by the time they got it together, Kilkenny were able to hold them off.

Very short

Waterford may have won on the scoreboard but it’s become obvious that last night was a Tipp victory

6 Likes

They did in the final the year before too, in the final and just about got away with it. There not the same force once they leave the comfort of their own province. They find CP a bit daunting.

1 Like

:grinning:

1 Like

Not too far from the truth. When Cahill takes over from Sheedy, he’ll mould those good u20’s into a serious force and I predict finally bring Tipp the much desired back to back titles.

Thank Gid today’s game is on in Kilmallock that’s all I’ll say

Does that mean if Waterford win it out, Tipp can claim the back to back?

It’s the closest they’ll have come.

“Right lads, when you run out onto that pitch just pretend it’s Kilmallock.”

Well shur tis wortha try I suppose. With Gid on yere side ye might pull it off.

Here’s hoping.

The goalmouths are looking fantastic.

1 Like

There’ll be fair grovelling by the Tipp Co Board for him to go back there. He’ll have his AI won with WD, maybe he’ll be happy to ride off into the sunset giving two fingers to Tipp!

'warriors"…ffs

They got to an AI final. That’s a stupid post.

To be honest, they were in a position to win the game and just had so many misfires. Some awful wides, Casey hit a wide that he probably couldn’t hit if he tried any other day. There were a few more. Put Dowling on the long frees and it was at least a draw and probably a win. The 65. It wasn’t the approach that was wrong, we just failed in our execution in the end.

You’re worse for replying… We hit 4/5 wides last year that were crinimal… Under no pressure, just awful shooting.

I have heard that Fennelly did have words with Cody afterwards. I wouldn’t read too much into it. Heat of the moment stuff probably. The rest of that msg is bull.

He was harshly dropped. He was bet by Daithi Burke the last day. There is no shame in that. Walsh was rightly dropped. Fennelly is usually a lad that responds well after a poor performance.

The non use of Darren Mullen is a mystery. He is a ball playing defender with pace. He was so suited to matching up vs Waterford and taking short puckouts.

1 Like