Hurling Championship 2020 - The Year Limerick Blitzed

@Little_Lord_Fauntleroy . who is your favourite hurling warrior?

2 Likes

We’re all related mate.

There’s none of that Waterford side would make the Limerick panel though. They’ve had their final now.

Isn’t Eoin Cody a nephew of Henry Shefflin’s rather than Brian Cody? I’m calling this story as bullshit😅

The thing I like about Cahill & Bevans, and Kiely & Kinnerk before them is that their systems are designed to create as many scoring opportunities as possible.

I even doubted myself whether Waterford had the firepower to win matches and people had the same doubts about Limerick previously. But when these players are taking shots, a lot of the time, they’re taking shots from positions where most decent hurlers would score.

And that’s a huge success. Kilkenny disrupted it to some extent in the first half but they kept coming, wave after wave.

I’ve seen a lot of criticism of Kilkenny’s forwards overnight. I actually think Kilkenny have some very decent forwards but they don’t exactly play into their hands. Billy Ryan, Eoin Cody, John Donnelly; they may not be Brennan, Larkin, Power but they are decent players in their own right.

2 Likes

when a box or 2 is thrown in a dressing room, sense can often go out the window!

Bit of manscaping is nothing to be ashamed of.

1 Like

I hadn’t shaved in three weeks. Went through three blades

1 Like

It’s like having a wank.

5 Likes

Did you ever get the waxing done.

Smooth like a Dolphin.

1 Like

Just as well, because they weren’t getting any frees.

5 Likes

On a side note it’s been a bad championship for Leinster teams. 4 games vs Munster opposition and no wins.

• Galway are not a Leinster team.

This has been coming for a long time if you look at U21 level, All Munster All-Ireland winners since 2012.

Even a cursory glance at McGraths championship record is enough. In his 5 years there he had no championship honours. Not even a munster final. In 2014 his first year they got hammered by Cork and dumped out by Wexford in the qualifiers. In 2015 they went down in a whimper to Tipp in Munster final playing some of most unattractive hurling ever played and did the same against kilkenny later on that year. In 2016 they lost to Tipp by 21 points in Munster final and lost to Kilkenny again after being somewhat more competitive. In 2017 they got to an All Ireland final with good wins over Kilkenny (ET), Wexford and Cork but were kept at arma length in the final and never looked like winning. Then with new format in 2018 they finished with a -25 point score differential and didnt win one game. So over his 5 year tenure he won nothing and had them playing awful stuff despite having a very talented crop of players. Yes they had regular wins over Offaly, Laois, Dublin and could turnover Cork but that’s often where it ended. Would other counties like Limerick, Wexford, Clare look at that record and be inspired. If you were talking to a county board delegate from your club would you advise a vote for him to be manager of your county team. No I didnt think so.

2 Likes

Cahill didn’t win Munster either

The major talking point of the weekend is surely that Preston born, Norf London Carlow native @ChairmanDan is all aboard the Waterford bandwagon.

I backed Waterford yesterday, Galway must be still wondering how they lost that Leinster Final.
Had good banter with Jamie Barron’s aul fella and a few lads from the Nire at the league match back in February, was looking forward to going to Walsh Park for the championship meeting, I think Waterford would’ve beaten Tipp,
Congrats to the Waterford posters on here, no good though unless they go on and win it now.

2 Likes

I’m sure he’ll manage to win one at some stage mate.

wouldn’t be too sure about that.

They will still be likely number 3 or 4 in the pecking order for 2021.

The real life me wants Limerick to win, for my family and the place I choose to live (and love)

But @backinatracksuit is conflicted, there will be no winners in this, difficult times are coming

3 Likes

A lot of men haven’t