Hurling Championship 2020 - The Year Limerick Blitzed

Fuck Cork.

1 Like

Yes because of course 4 groups of 4 seeded, I.e. 16 teams will somehow reduce the shadow boxing

So, fuck the lesser counties? Typical Tipp snobbery.

I’m gonna say it now. I have no interest in an open-draw championship. I can understand the clamour for it but I have no real interest in going up to Parnell Park or beyond to Make Wexford Great Again Wexford Park for a first round championship game. Maybe it would grow on me.

Who said anything about that? You want to get rid of the shadowboxing by bringing in more weaker teams and seeding it so the good teams always qualify. That’s amongst the worst arguments I’ve ever read

No home games. Play every game in a major provincial ground, there’s plenty of them around.

Read my post again, one team emerges from each group.

If the provincial councils didnt have as much say you could merge the league and championship.

2 splits of 6 league with finishing positions determining quarter finals. That could easily be run off from April.

They could just leave it the way it is which is working quite well as far as I can see

The league is way too drawn out alright

Even worse. Home & Away is a fantastic element to the current championship imo.

2 Likes

The amount of dead rubbers would be ridiculous

1 Like

Agreed. Hurling is grand. I’m all for more games. But the league is utterly pointless.

Any fucking hurling would be great right now.

6 Likes

Amen brother. I’ll have my small one striking off both sides by may, she’s some woman to whip on a shin bone

1 Like

I actually thought the system they had from 2002-17 worked reasonably well. It ensured that the 8 or 9 counties that were real contenders or more traditional outside shot contenders like Limerick, Clare, Waterford and Wexford were pretty much guaranteed three matches. There was a better flow to it, 3 weeks typically between Championship matches.

They could run it off now the way it is with 2-3 weeks between games if they curtailed the leagues. But Allianz sponsor the leagues and money talks.

The league is absolutely pointless and I’d love to see it abolished to alleviate congestion

munster was poor last year as Waterford imploded and Clare didn’t fire. hence it was piss poor tbh. many use this an argument that the current format is wrong. in another season, munster could be epic, cant judge on 2019 alone

Leinster had an epic finale to the group stage last year and a close to historic leinster final win for Wexford which brought about wild celebrations

The Joe McDonagh cup winners won a Liam McCarthy Cup match and played in the all Ireland qf proper which many would have felt would happen - what a fillip for the Joe McDonagh cup

all in all the format didn’t serve the game too bad . wtf more can people expect from a format

2 Likes

Bitches gonna moan mate

point taken - bigger gap between matches

I was a fan of this format and saw no reason to change it at the time of change. however the new format has grown on me

The new format is considerably better than the old one