Hurling League 2018

Man no point talking about it. Fair play congrats Limerick.

The level of abuse and vitriolic nature of it from some Clare hurling supporters is shocking. Personal abuse dished out to me and my family today and itā€™s not the 1st time from them either. Have spoken to plenty of Tipp friends and they often say they have suffered similar. Twas great to quieten them at the end today. On the game itself I thought Clare were the better side with Duggan and Kelly brilliant. Their fullback line is their continuing weakness though. 2 of our elder players were exposed today, hickey and Browne both had tough days. Gillane is a great bit of stuff. A right bit of cut about him. Lynch the same! Good to get the win but plenty to work on.

I thought Dan Morrissey was excellent; his use of the ball was really good too.

I thought Tom was alright but tired badly and made some bad decisions at that point. But his work rate is superb and he did a lot of work in his own half. I thought we lost a bit up front when Kyle & Murphy went off; they may not be massive scorers but they open up space for others. Flanagan was quieter today but obviously has ability.

Iā€™m not saying that Casey & Dempsey shouldnā€™t come in; they are obviously very good too and Casey is a cert I would say.

2 Likes

Blissful in the Open Stand today when the sun was out. Was nearly frozen to death by 7pm though.

The 65ā€™s are an awful way to decide the game really. Penalties, or even frees from the opposing 65 would be better. Even worse is following up extra time of 10 minutes-a-half with extra time of 5 minutes-a-half, like some sort of Russian Doll form of progressively smaller bouts of hurling.

Donā€™t think either side would have been too bothered by losing that, we probably need it more than Clare having operated at a lower level. To be honest I donā€™t think we played all that well, Clare were slicker throughout, but we pulled it out of the bag a number of times today which is a good sign of the team.

Bonus territory now. Weā€™ll have a cut off of Tipp but they will be a level above where we are at. If they decide to keep the semi-finals separate Limerick and Tipp will surely toss for it?

1 Like

Dan Morrissey had a fine game. Struggled with Duggan for a period there towards the end of one the many, many periods of hurling we had alright today, but made a number of vital interceptions and was probably the pick of the half back line overall.

Sorry to hear that. I must say my experience with Clare supporters has been nothing but positive down through the years

Dan Morrissey was absolutely destroyed mate. He is nowhere near it.

That rule only applies for penalties and 21 yard frees.

Destroyed by who? He won a serious amount of ball.

Iā€™ll watch it back at some point, maybe Iā€™ll revise my opinion but I thought he was excellent.

On some days you can be unlucky and get seated beside some right proper cunts from the opposing team. Happened us in the first 5 minutes of the Tipp game in 2015. Lads in their 30ā€™s making threats to my father in his early 70ā€™s. Still annoys me thinking back on it. Those utter Tipp cunts.
Thankfully itā€™s not usually a common thing to happen

6 Likes

He was destroyed by Duggan. I was in front of it and every ball Duggan went for he won, no real pressure from Morrissey. He is a. Iā€™ve lad but not good enough for me, I hope he proves me wrong.

@chops91 and myself Would have sorted the cunts we never get a peep off any opposition fans or at least those with sense.

3 Likes

You were abused?

I ve only ever had hassle with Tipp supportersā€¦plenty of Limerick fools annoying people also thoā€¦ No need to be abusing kids however.

1 Like

The day I poured a bottle of beer over Buff Eganā€™s head was a great day.

6 Likes

It killed him to go in to todays game id say the poor man was hiding behind Lidl.

1 Like

Was that what the Ssssshhhhiiiiinnnnnggggg before the final puck was about, ye quietening the Clare crowd ?

1 Like

Dry yer eyes mate.

1 Like

Anyone who gets worked up at a league game needs sectioning .

3 Likes

There was a Roaster in the Open Stand near us who nearly had a full-blown seizure when Conlon went for goal near the end with Clare three points up.

Although he had a point, in fairness.