Hurling League 2018

Imagine if he could call time outs like in NFL

I’d give him the responsibility. He seems like an unflappable sort who wouldn’t be unduly bothered by it.

I thought the third goal was a botched hand pass possibly by Aidan Nolan.

Dublin have plenty of good young hurlers in the 18-22 bracket but they are all of a very similar style and are small and light. Big problem for Dublin us that the crop of lads they have between 24 and 28 aside from the likes of Crummy, Rushe, Dillon and a couple of the Cuala are all pretty much not up to this level and even the lads named lack consistency.

Doubt Gilroy will achieve much in two or three years with them but the next man may well leave them in a decent place for the next man.

Gilroy’s task is to make them competitive over 2 years . He inherited an utter mess.

Dublin are supposedly doing heavy training, I’d imagine they thought they’d do enough to stay in 1B easily and aim for championship. It looks now as if they’ll be in the dogfight come the final game against Laois although Antrim look unlikely to pick up points unless they take Offaly

Laois looked a better team a few weeks back than Dublin did last night. If it’s on in O’Moore Park then you’d have to think Laois have every chance.

Is it the bottom two in 1B play off and the loser is relegated or does the loser still have another chance against a 2A team.

They should just make it that the bottom side in 1B is down. And do the same in 1A. The GAA love play offs.

Play offs and pay offs!

1 Like

Curse a fuck on it, there’s a play off between 5th and 6th. Antrim will be one, any one of Laois Dublin or Offaly will be the other. Lot will depend on Laois v Offaly on the bog next week.

I’m unsure about 1B vs 2A, I have it in my head that play off is gone.

1 Like

You’re probably right, hadn’t watched it back, just saw the green helmet coming from centre back position. Apologies to Matt and the St James’ contingent on here.

Either way, sloppy play which happens a lot.

What’s on TG4 today?

Clare-Cork
Deise-KK deferred

4 Likes

Boylesport doing a special Shane ó Donnell to score anytime 11/8 to 11/4

Buff in the crowd on TG 4 intro .

Are Clare at home? I’ll tune in for this one…

Yes.

1 Like

Alan Cadogan and Lehane out, Kearney and Kingston in.

1 Like

Poor from Podge…

This Tim O Mahoney lad seems a bit off the pace

O’Mahony having a mare.