Hurling League 2018

T’would. We played Clare in the quarter final in 2014 in an absolute humdinger in O’Moore Park, think we were 4th that year. A lot will depend on next weekend, we’ve had an upper hand somewhat on Offaly in recent years, but Martin will have the fuckers frothing at the mouth next Sunday.

sweep sweep

The tie of the round next weekend really. I didn’t see our match against yerselves, Offaly are game but ran out of steam easily. Hardly one that will finish 15-a-side!

Its not to be missed, but sadly I fear I will be missing it :angry:

Waterford will go down inflames this year. We will do nothing in the Championship.

1 Like

I knew it was a bad sign for Waterford’s chances when you eschewed attending the Kilkenny game to take in a musical instead.

1 Like

A bit of common sense finally prevails. :clap::clap::clap::clap:

We’ve unearthedno new players. The two Mahonys are done. So are the Brick, Jake Dillon, Moran, Maurice and Connors. Training is flat. And the “system” has been well and truly tumbled.

Agreed.

Cork won’t win much this year
Limerick are better than them @ChocolateMice @carryharry

1 Like

Joseph, you little bollox of a man - i’ve told you to come back to me when the championship starts and not before then.

I know I have a bit of a pro-Tipp bias but Jason Forde looks very good for Hurler of the year. What price him being HOTY, Tipp for the AI & Wexford for the league & Leinster?
Edit: sorry wrong thread

Wrong thread or wrong log in?

I’ve seen the light!

Jason Forde does this every year mate. Albeit he is performing a bit higher this time out. Come Championship he’ll be the first one onto the bench when something doesn’t come off right for him.

He’s the Declan Quill/John Donnellan of Tipp Hurling.

2 Likes

No, this time is different.

1 Like

You sound like a battered wife*.

*I realise there is a second reference in two posts to such an act, so I would like to state I am not condoning battering wives.

It’s just that I am after developing a real gra for Tipp after Barry Kelly acting the maggot last summer and depriving them of the two-in-a-row. It was a terrible injustice and this needs to be fixed. Jason is the man to do it. He reminds me of a young Pat Fox.

2 Likes

Strangely enough the Cork team that should have beaten Clare on their first day out in 95 could well be the worst ever on paper, calling the current group that is laughable.
Cork will be content with the league showings, it’s still a work in progress, nowhere near the physicality to trouble Galway yet and Tipp are a cut above but they’ll fear nobody else in summer,
Limerick are the success story of the league and I’d fancy them to trouble everybody outside the top 2 as well. Tough to rank teams at the moment but I’d say the semi finalists from last year will be the same

That shane Stapleton is a big of a clown.

1 Like