Auld lads whinging about having a few pints

I gave it up 9 months ago, best decision Iā€™ve ever made and should have done it long ago

2 Likes

Most Irish canā€™t control themselves when it comes to alcohol. They have an awful problem with it

3 Likes

If I ever caught any of ye cunts drinking Coors light, Iā€™d fucking disown ye

2 Likes

Roger knew
https://youtu.be/zh7upNv8PI4

1 Like

Iā€™m not even sure if it qualifies as beer. Awful piss

Terrible tack altogether. I think itā€™s from my time in Germany but with the exception of Guinness any beer with an alcohol content of less then 4.5% is piss

1 Like

Few lads here might need a bit of inspiration.

1 Like

I took an awful skinfull last night. I started at a mateā€™s apartment at 9.45. I had three cans of fat tyre pale ale and one can of Tiger. We left the apartment at 10.30 and went to the John Hewitt, there was a very good fiddler playing pop tunes on an electric fiddle. I had two pints of kinnegar limeburner pale ale, they werenā€™t great.
We dandered round the corner to the Duke of York where my mate sowed the initial seeds of downfall by buying two whiskies to accompany the two pints. When i was returning the compliment a former pupil introduced herself, we had a pleasant yarn where she talked about the careers etc of her classmates and I feigned interest. After a while she told me that she had a husband and that she worked for the home office. I think she expected me to be disappointed, maybe I was slightly, after all, her family have sound republican credentials.
When i returned with the drinks my mate had been joined by an acquaintance of his- an odd fish who claims to have had a recent entanglement with Anna Friel, right enough he has a photo of him and herself. I considered the possible implications for celebrities of posing for selfies with strangers. He also said that the paddy jackson affair had made him wary of taking young women home. My mate nearly spat out his pint.
My mate and I then decided to head to The Spaniard, we did the mannerly thing and asked the odd individual if he would like to accompany us, he agreed but when he straggled we made a spur of the moment decision to lose him in by ducking into Orpheus. We each had two more pints and at least one more whiskey. There was some beautiful cleavage on show and the carpentry throughout the new premises was equally as impressive. My mate told me a blond woman in black was possibly demonstrating signs of interest. She wasnā€™t as impressive as the woodwork and was a hard looking ticket, therefore I proposed leaving Orpheus and proceeding to the Spaniard.
Other than smuggling my pint out past the bouncer Iā€™ve no clear recollection of being in The Spaniard, I do remember buying a packet of tobacco in the shop next door. I then tried to enter muriels bar in church lane. The bouncer said it was too late so I took the pint from inside my jacket and sat down at the tables outside a posh burger place next door. The bouncer seemed unimpressed by this small act of insouciance.
My next move was to attempt to roll a cigarette, I was making a very bad job of it when I was unexpectedly joined by a reasonably attractive lady who asked me if she could make an attempt of her own. Herā€™s was only marginally better than mine but weā€™d a civil yarn and she was impressed that I identified her accent as being from leitrim or sligo. I was beginning to feel quite affectionate towards her when we were joined by her boyfriend. He shovelled his burger into him before eating hers. He was an awful gulpin all told, no self-control.
When they left I took a full hour to walk a quarter of a mile. I was in Victoria Square, corn market and the markets.
This morning I asked my mate if we were in the Spaniard, he assured me that I was and that I had spent a good 10 minutes talking to a very nice girl in a red dress, he said she was ā€œa bit agey but well threw togetherā€. He was adamant that she was keen but that I did a ā€˜complete cinderellaā€™ on her. She asked him if it was something she said. I have absolutely no recollection of any of this, but I feel a bit sad that I missed a possible opportunity, through no fault of my own of course.
When i got home this afternoon my dog was delighted to see me. It meant a lot to me.

39 Likes

Sounds like a grand night all told.

1 Like

Wedding the weekend. Four pints to cure myself last night but didnā€™t get a wink of sleep.

1 Like

Lovely post, your mate seems a decent sort.

2 Likes

Sounded like a great night.

:+1::+1:

1 Like

Grow up.

Iā€™ve drank every night for 11 nights now. Iā€™m taking a night off. *

*I said this yesterday also and lasted til 630pm when herself said she was in the bar and had beer waiting for me.

Is all ok pal?

Iā€™m tired mate. Soul weary.

Thatā€™s a beautiful yarn well told, I felt like I was right there.

1 Like

Buck the trend today bud. Go for a good long walk and sweat it out, shower and eat a nice meal. But when you get that feeling later on that ā€œyeah I feel good, Iā€™m going to have a drink this eveningā€, remind yourself that if you donā€™t youā€™ll feel even better tomorrow if you abstain. After tomorrow youā€™ll find it very easy to abstain and youā€™ll be on the dry again. Your brain at the moment is high on toxins, be good to yourself and give yourself a rest from it.

3 Likes

Thatā€™s the plan. When at work, I never touch it on a school night, which keeps a good lid on it.

1 Like