I am attending a Rugby Football match today

I have been invited to Thomond Park for tomorrow’s game and have accepted out of curiosity.

I have many reservations. What will the people be like? What should I wear? Am I likely to be propositioned or molested in any way?

I’ve never been in this stadium before. Can I buy apples and chocolate from a stall inside? Do I have to drink Heineken?

I don’t like rugby football but I would be hypocritical in my stance if I based by dislike on something I’ve refused to experience. Therefore, with trepidation, I’m going.

Splitter!

You do realise you run the risk of drink driving and leaving the scene of a serious accident.

That Tyrone player probably posted a similar post a few months ago on a similar internet forum

“Sure what harm can there be…” and now look at the shame he has brought on his community

[QUOTE=“Elvis Brandenberg Kremmen, post: 926572, member: 1624”]I have been invited to Thomond Park for tomorrow’s game and have accepted out of curiosity.

I have many reservations. What will the people be like? What should I wear? Am I likely to be propositioned or molested in any way?

I’ve never been in this stadium before. Can I buy apples and chocolate from a stall inside? Do I have to drink Heineken?

I don’t like rugby football but I would be hypocritical in my stance if I based by dislike on something I’ve refused to experience. Therefore, with trepidation, I’m going.[/QUOTE]
The fans are honest to god salt of the earth Limerick men jus like yourself, enjoy yourself mate. Stand up and fight, etc

The only way to redeem yourself (assuming you follow through) is to wear a Limerick jersey to it

I fully intend to. Along with Sporting Limerick jacket and woolly hat.

I thought about going during the week if I could source a Toulon jersey just to shout obscenities like’ Give it to the turnip munching cunts’ ‘Munster potato muncher bastards’ ‘Murders’ etc etc ---- It would be great criac getting rightly under their skin but the reports going back to the gf’s family would not be good… All in all, I just don;t have it in me to attend… I’ll be flogging cheese instead.

:eek::eek:

Munster are playing Toulouse. You would have looked like a right gobshite in a Toulon jersey

Toulon/Toulouse , what’s the cunting difference?? Driving some fat Munster fan to such despair that he/she/it would go for my throat was the plan.

Toulon & Toulouse, like a sailors trousers

@Elvis Brandenberg Kremmen

wtf, mate? :eek:

[QUOTE=“dodgy-keeper, post: 926702, member: 1552”]@Elvis Brandenberg Kremmen

wtf, mate? :eek:[/QUOTE]

It’s true pal. Sorry if it upsets you in your rehabilitation but I’ve never been to one of these things before and I’m curious to find out if it’s the circle-jerk of cuntishness that it seems.

I’ve stayed off the rugby threads, for the best part, because I don’t know enough about it. Tomorrow is a chance to rectify that.

I’m a guest of some corporate spazzers tomorrow (no way would I ever pay to watch it) so the company may be ominous. I’m sure I’ll suitably embarrass them.

ah yes indeed. Elvis will be surrounded by dockers, dole men, bankers and the bourgeouise of Munster. All present in equal number. Munster are special in that regard it is said

How was it Elvis?

Did you see child killer apologist Mick “Gaillimh” Galway there?

Hmmmm. Strange place, strange people.

Facilities are excellent in fairness. Good view, reasonably decent porter and polite staff.

The punters, though, are bizarre. There was a cunt sitting up behind me whose entire vocabulary consisted of 3 phrases - “Knock On”, “In at the Side” and “Aboy Paulie”

Weirdest of all was bloke in a Munster jersey and a Cork accent. During the pre-match where some fat bint was gadding about the field shrieking, the French supporters up behind me started up a chant of “Toulousain, Toulousain” Fair enough you would think but, next minute, this cretin is joining in. I looked around aghast and asked my colleague if this was normal. Was told it happens all the time, great respect for the opposition etc. Fuck me, but if I ever saw a Limerickman cheer for Tipperary or Clare I’d be left with little option but to nut the cunt on the spot.

As for the match I don’t know if Munster are that good or Toulouse jacked it in after half-time. They certainly looked disinterested in the final 25 mins or so.

Also, as part of an ad-hoc GAA Vigilance mission I spotted a well-known figure bedecked in a Munster jersey and some kind of ridiculous red cowboy hat. For this he will face retribution.

Strange place, strange people.

:eek:

[QUOTE=“Elvis Brandenberg Kremmen, post: 927021, member: 1624”]Hmmmm. Strange place, strange people.

Facilities are excellent in fairness. Good view, reasonably decent porter and polite staff.

The punters, though, are bizarre. There was a cunt sitting up behind me whose entire vocabulary consisted of 3 phrases - “Knock On”, “In at the Side” and “Aboy Paulie”

Weirdest of all was bloke in a Munster jersey and a Cork accent. During the pre-match where some fat bint was gadding about the field shrieking, the French supporters up behind me started up a chant of “Toulousain, Toulousain” Fair enough you would think but, next minute, this cretin is joining in. I looked around aghast and asked my colleague if this was normal. Was told it happens all the time, great respect for the opposition etc. Fuck me, but if I ever saw a Limerickman cheer for Tipperary or Clare I’d be left with little option but to nut the cunt on the spot.

As for the match I don’t know if Munster are that good or Toulouse jacked it in after half-time. They certainly looked disinterested in the final 25 mins or so.

Also, as part of an ad-hoc GAA Vigilance mission I spotted a well-known figure bedecked in a Munster jersey and some kind of ridiculous red cowboy hat. For this he will face retribution.

Strange place, strange people.[/QUOTE]

Bastards.

[QUOTE=“Elvis Brandenberg Kremmen, post: 927021, member: 1624”]Hmmmm. Strange place, strange people.

Strange place, strange people.[/QUOTE]

Vindicates my view it is a social rather than sporting event