I have lost interest in

It’s great that posters are brave enough to come forward now and speak the truth.

Yep, all we need now is @padjo to make an anti gga statement

I’ll slit you from ear to ear…

2 Likes

I have as well, hurling is dead, the provincial championships are now completely redundant, there’s only one or two big games a year, same in football. No one watches the gaa anymore, rugby and soccer are far more popular, especially in the oirish bars of London.

2 Likes

Drinking

11 Likes

The second child drives a nail in it altogether with the third kid putting a stake straight through its meek heart

8 Likes

:pint:

I drank a skip of pints sunday and Monday id say it’s after curing me for good

I was about to post this. It’s not worth it unless you’re away and can lie in the following morning. Coming home to your own house is hardly worth it with early starts or waking kids at nighttime.

I’m choosing to stay on the dry at a work meal tomorrow night which I don’t think I’ve ever done in 18 odd years working.

1 Like

I don’t even mean proper boozing. For example I’d normally go for 3 or 4 pints of a Sunday evening, but since Christmas I haven’t once had the urge to do so. I thought it was just the usual post Christmas malaise but we’re two weeks into February now and I still have no interest.

+1

Haven’t had a drink since 27th of December and only for a friends stag in early March I doubt I will have a drink any time soon. Aside from a few sociable ones after a match once the hurling season is in full swing up here I couldn’t be arsed

I gave that up nearly a decade ago! Too much hardship on all fronts.

Have a little Bailey’s Coffee for yourselves to ease back in, lads.

2 Likes

Did the same Thursday night… The alternatives are full of hardship

You’d enough of it yesterday Id say

I’d say you’re done with that for a long while, I used to enjoy a few midweek pints as well up to about 5 years ago, maybe twice a week when the kids were tucked up and I’d know there’s be somebody in the local to latch onto, now I can’t be arsed. I still enjoy an occasional session where I’d be able to cut loose and know I’d have a small lie in in the morning. I fully expect this to change though once they’re all reared

Was tame enough all things considered. Drove up and down so was 6ish before first pint and home just after 10 with a nightcap. The youngest lad being awake every 2 hours during the night was more of the problem.

Great to see lads getting old and appreciating a nice drink instead of drinking to get drunk…it’s a mugs game.

2 Likes

Jaysus I thought you were sideways you were clearing house for a while

I was drunk last night. First time since early January. I’m really enjoying being up fresh on a Saturday & Sunday morning.
The fear is killing me lately with the drink. 8 or tens pints and I’m sizing up boughs of trees and holes in the lake.

1 Like