I have lost interest in

I used to love going for about three pints around 1/2 12 on a Sunday. Coming home for the dinner around 2. Now I prefer peeling a few spuds with a glass of red and a snooze after the dinner

No want for drink anymore, at least going out and getting hammered.

Was at a work thing during the week and had the chance but that’s worse than waking to kids - can’t drink and then work.

Small one getting christened this weekend so will have a few bottles but that’s it

1 Like

So you used to be a social drinker and now you’re getting buckled at home before Sunday lunch, I think you’ve missed the bandwagon here mike :grinning:

Don’t think one glass of red wine while peeling spuds classifies as getting buckled

Only pulling your leg mate, anyway you should be living the dream with the kids in secondary and presumedly having no interest in seeing you around the house on weekend mornings, likely hiding their own hangovers.

Not yet but not far away I’d say. The eldest doesn’t seem to have any interest. It’s the younger I’d worry about

Getting rid of the Sunday “ holy hour” killed the attraction of the few pints on a Sunday morning .

1 Like

Probably did. But I just used to enjoy a read of the Sindo and a maximum of three pints. Now actually I look forward to the glass of wine while peeling the spuds.

Do hangovers and fear ease when you get into your 40s? I can’t drink anymore without constantly thinking about how shite I’m gonna feel the next day. Even having a bottle of beer in the evening is out as I’ll have to get up to go to the toilet a few times.

I haven’t drank for pleasure since Christmas Eve but I’ve had a few social activities with clients over the last two months where I’ve had to have a good Hugh, including yesterday when I was out from 12.30pm until 2.30am. A fucking nightmare, no pleasure in it.

Huh? They get significantly worse if anything

2 Likes

And the recovery time doubles

1 Like

I haven’t had a proper hangover in many a year.

This coincides with me being usually in bed by midnight.

I have been trying to cut back since Christmas with varying success. The money element of it is a cunt.

Some awful soft cunts on here who couldn’t deal with the hassle of drinking a few handy pints

You nearly ruined Choco for the wedding, leave them be

A lot worse.

To be a superdad you have to be a moderate drinker.

2 Likes

Had two pints in the pub Sunday evening, did nothing for me. Had zero interest in having a third. Had no interest in first two either but I had a bit of GAA business to attend to in the bar, which was the only reason I went down. This is getting serious.

1 Like

You need to get into wine or whiskey mate and just enjoy the odd glass / drop at home when relaxing/dining.

That’s very unsociable

No interest in drinking at the moment either.

Mind you I did go on the lash at a wedding on Saturday and had a good few local on Sunday.