I won't be able to drink to spread covid

Basket case

I had a load of lovely pints of Beamish in the Southern Star last night. Pure creamā€¦

Iā€™m related to the Southern Star through marriage, itā€™s a nice spot, havenā€™t been in a few years

1 Like

Getting the ball rolling with a bloody Mary today guys.

2 Likes

The barkeep has the fattest hands Iā€™ve ever seen.

3 Likes

Had never beenā€¦nearest place with a pool table. Lovely stout.

cc @farmerinthecity

Itā€™s a lovely pub, I had a good mate who lived on Capwell road when I lived in Turners Cross years ago, was in there quite a bit, itā€™d be up there with the Abbey as one of the best spots for a quiet drink in good company.

7 Likes

Whatā€™s wrong with @pudns? Heā€™s gone to the trouble of going to the pub, ordering and taking a photograph of his pint of Guinness and one like is all he has to show for it so far, come on fellas, credit where itā€™s due.

Salthill Hotel Galway sure what else would you be doing on a Tuesday afternoon

6 Likes

them slanty tables are a cunt

He need to add some background information. Heā€™s giving us nothing to like or comment on. We canā€™t even guess where it might be. Putting the Guinness on a Smithwicks beer mat is also for the birds. I like my Smithwicks as much as the next man, but mixing beer mats and beer hints of poor service and poor drink. Taking any photo with a bright background, as any photographer will tell you, takes passively from the image. 2/10 at best.

1 Like

And while Iā€™m at it, I thought we established that Heineken wasnā€™t allowed on this thread.

Apologies. It was The Motor Bar in Trim. An excellent pint. ā‚¬4.40. Donā€™t care about the barmat. Service was excellent. Photography not my forte, however Iā€™ll try better in future.

2 Likes

Ah sure look it eldest graduating from NUIG in the morning so going large tonight

1 Like

For all we know he might have found that picture somewhere on the INTERNET.

It looked exactly like a pint of GUINNESS, I donā€™t get the lack of love for @pudns, what was the point of him buying and then picturing that pint at all??

A sunny Tuesday afternoon will never be peak likes time. If he posted it at 5pm on a rainy Thursday heā€™d have the nice post wrapped up before he ordered his 2nd pint

Youā€™re playing these gobdaws like fiddles :clap: