I won't be able to drink to spread covid

Ferrero wall in Dunnes in Cornelscourt is like entrance to an Egyptian pyramid

From earlier this evening.

Is that the south county

Market Lane. Had the steak…

1 Like

Was the steak good?

Many around the city?

The steak was lovely, nice food in there. There was a few around alright. Market Lane was booked out.

6 Likes

Not a massive fan of market lane… It does some roaring trade in fairness. Much better for lunch than dinner imo

1 Like

What’s €9 meal enforcement like ?

1 Like

Fairly lax.

1 Like

Something a bit different tonight gents

That is rotten

2 Likes

I like it

Brunch

9 Likes

Jesus they look nice.

1 Like

Any of ye pour a 470ml can of draught Guinness, speculation that the widget may not be doing it’s work?

There is no widget in that can at all. Has to be the 500ml.

I’d say they just took the unsold draft kegs and canned them up.

After drinking half a dozen 470ml cans one evening I sent a complaint to Guinness, I received the below unsatisfactory response

"Thank you for getting in touch. Due to the closure of bars, we have experienced an increase in consumer demand from the retail trade which has led to a shortage of floating widgets. As a temporary measure and to ensure supply of Guinness Draught in a can across Ireland, we reverted to a fixed widget system for our 24 pack.

Quality is always our highest priority in the process of making Guinness. We complete a large numbers of tests on every batch of canned draught Guinness checking to ensure that every parameter is within our exacting specifications.
We conducted tests on the fixed widget can and while we could see some differences, they were only slight differences in the head and the speed of the surge being a little faster.

In the floating widget the nitrogen is contained in the widget on the top of the beer so the gas surge is downwards through the beer. In the fixed widget the nitrogen is released from the base up into the beer. Once the beer is poured the famed Guinness surge and settle in the glass looks the same for both widgets, though marginally faster with the fixed widget.

When pouring cans with a fixed widget, we advise to chill your can initially and then open and pour immediately into the glass in one go.

We expect the fixed widget cans to be in market from October to December 2020 approx, with full capacity of floating widgets back in production for early 2021".

For refund requests, please email Consumercare.GBandIreland@diageo.com

Cheers!
Guinness

2 Likes

Pure slops