I won't be able to drink to spread covid

He has in-laws in Italy though.
Look like he finally made it there for a visit.

3 Likes

Alright pints but a cracking pub. Eddie has owned it years. An Offaly man. Place was rammed at 3pm Wednesday, cash only

“ why would I take that plastic shit?”

Fully recommend if anyone comes to Brum *

*cue smart comments.

7 Likes

Looks a lively spot alright……

Birmingham greatly improved city in recent years. Come on leaps and bounds

Tucked away in Digbeth. Small spot. Ideal for a few pints and Eddie closes the door when he decides. Have had many a lock in with him

Only getting better. @Plastic_Paddy crowd at the vanguard

I’d a grand afternoon (the day City beat United 6-1 actually) drinking away in some pub around Digbeth. We were at some proper weirdo music fest at the Custard Factory. Can’t remember the name of the pub. Don’t think it was Irish but there were a few older Irish lads in there who probably sloped in after mass. Was/ is the Irish centre out that way? That was my only ever trip to Birmingham

1 Like

The Irish centre was in digbeth. It’s now moved out in the last few months. If you were in the custard factory, you were probably in the crown or the Spotted dog

It was a small narrow, old school kinda place on a corner. There might have been a kebab place a few doors down. I had a feeling that when we came out the Irish centre was across the road and up a bit but that was 10 years ago and I was onto my third day of drinking (actually more now that I think of it, as I’d been in London and Bournemouth before heading up).

The big bull or the anchor by the sounds of it. Two great pubs. Or the white swan which is directly behind the Irish centre.

1 Like

Spent many a great night in there. Proper wet pub as they’re called now. Some character Eddie.

I’d worried about it over the pandemic. It was great to see it busy today. Eddie is some man. The owner of Nortons told me during the summer that he was flying it. The new owners of the swan have done a good job of it too.

9 Likes

11 Likes

Book seems a good way to ruin a perfectly good pint

Any use?

That’s a cracking snug.

You’d pick some teams in there…

4 Likes

Happy Friday lads

24 Likes

12 Likes

You’d nearly need a spoon to tackle that :heart_eyes:

1 Like