I won't be able to drink to spread covid

True story. Bizarre that it happened as late as 1975. When I heard the song first I thought it had sunk in the 1700s. Hard to believe that could happen to a modern ship on an inland sea.

The Americans don’t mess around when it comes to craft beer.

1 Like

Superior, they said, never gives up her dead
When the gales of November come early

Yes, grand end of town, although not one I frequented much – for no particular reason – during UCD days.

Nolan’s, Kildare Town.

An agreeably frayed around the edges type place.

Terrific pint.

1 Like

You would have got your head kicked in for being a student if you went up that way during your UCD day would be my guess.

1 Like

Funny enough, am going to see Richard Hawley, with same friend, in Kilkenny on Saturday night. Never saw him live before.

Will keep five in a row nerves at bay for a while…

Quite possibly. A wise word.

I think only people who had a friend/girlfriend in NCAD ventured up that way at that time.

It’s an extremely rough town at times. You’d get your head kicked in very quickly.

I do a lot of drinking in the harp bar in the town.

Kildare? So I believe. Know very little of it.

Was just meeting a friend about a dog. Couple of pints before train home.

Cunningham’s, Kildare Town.

Lovely spot.

5 Likes

Gorgeous front snug.

2 Likes

Great pub. It has changed a lot since covid though. More food orientated ever since lock down which is a pity.

1 Like

Only my third time in it. Can see what you mean about food vibe.

But still a grand spot.

Ya they took the rules during covid very seriously and a lot the crowd moved their custom to the harp. Silken Thomas across the road always down decent food too.

1 Like

Where is The Harp in relation to Cunningham’s?

Out the front door go left. It’s about 200 yards and then go right at the cross. About 30 yards further it’s on the left hand side.

1 Like

Sound, thanks very much.

Not sure I will make it there this time. Train just after 6. But will be back here in a while and will then take a look.

Ya it’s a solid gaa and racing pub but gets very busy in the evenings. Staff are sound though.

3 Likes