Idiot Of The Month - December Nominations

I’m going to nominate dancarter this month for his sturdy defence of the 12 pubs of Christmas.

Despite Sledge throwing a few clangers towards the end of the month on Dion Fanning, Sindo in general and Xabi Alonso I am nominating sidwaddell for his assertion that Oasis are the greatest band that ever existed.

I think it’s absolutely hilarious that I pointed out halfway through the thread that I didn’t support Rovers, and that I had to do this a second time towards the end of the thread as you clearly were not even reading the posts you were supposed to be responding to. Not sure exactly where I “defended” anyone, not that anything I did could have been as idiotic as whinging about football violence and then 8 posts later boasting that your locals always get the better of the Dubs in a row. That was utterly breathtaking in its idiocy.

Yes they did, as i’m sure Cork scumbags would get if they went into Drumcondra, Cabra or Tallaght and started acting the maggot. That was point really, not a Cork beats the Dubs, its ordinary society beats the thugs. Look the debate is over now. We have totally different opinions and outlooks on the whole thing.

[quote=“Bandage”]This is the official nominations thread for December.

Usual rules apply:

Each member only has one nomination.

The nominations thread will be open until midday on Tuesday, January 6th, with the vote taking place over 2 days after that. The later competition date is for people who won’t be online until early next week due to holidays.

The format of the poll will be the usual first past the post being declared winner.

So, go ahead with nominations on this thread and please give a reason for your nomination. Also, KIB man is guaranteed a place in the poll based on his current status as IOTM.

KIB man, if you want to post some memories of your month as title holder then feel free to do so on this thread also.

This is a big month as it’s everyone’s last chance to win a monthly title and seal a place in the Idiot of the Year competition.

Good luck to everyone.[/quote]

Memories…its been a very uninspiring month. Dont think much would beat the controversy of last month’s competition.

Sledge obviously wants the award this month. Alonso, Dion Fanning etc

I think you are running a highly subtle campaign to retain the title myself. 400 word match reports, complete with player ratings, from each and every single Aston Villa game. What on earth makes you think people are interested in spending 5 minutes reading shite like that? And feel free to join in with the others on the Fanning/Alonso threads…or are you afraid of making an idiot of yourself?

It’s a pretty popular thread I’d say. You even popped a few comments on it yourself. It’s probably so shite its entertaining.

Xabi Alonso has been the best player thus far in the EPL. His professionalism has to be admired after being hawked around Europe by Benitez last summer. He had a fine Euro 08 aswell.

Dion Fanning rehashes internet arguments onto his daddies rag of a paper. Any sign of a bandwagon and he is on it all the way. A sickening cunt of the highest order

I’m glad I got that out of you, although a bit surprised by your reluctance to join in with the rest of the sheep on the appropriate threads.

Sheep?

Give yourself a clap on the back - you have a different opinion.

Maybe not the correct choice of words I suppose. Although I did just clap myself on the back. Wasn’t as enjoyable as I thought it would be.

was Macs celeb spot in Dec? tempted to go for him but I cant get over Art Foleys continual racism so Ill nominate Art

Around 25 minutes left for any other nominations folks…

I can’t let Mac away without getting a nomination for making up a celeb spot.

I am nominating MAC.

But you are 11 minutes past the deadline…We need a judgement call from Bandage…

I’m willing to let Runt’s nomination stand on the basis that Mac is indeed an utter idiot and it’d be a shame if he wasn’t in the vote.

That’s the last nomination though.

I’ll set up the poll during my lunch hour and forty minutes.