Idiot of the Month - September Preview

Its been a very quiet month so far. I think we were spoiled in August so September was always going to be a let down. Cannot actually think of a single thing any one person has done to merit a nomination or a vote yet. Puke as a defending champion has been very disappointing. I was hoping he would kick on and make the award his own but heā€™s opened the door for anyone else to jump in and rip it away from him.

Lets hope it gets better from her. Not far off halfway through the month now so lets hope the second half brings a big improvement.

i have a feeling it could be mairegangaires award this month there seems to be a lot of hype about herā€¦reckon appendage and bandage both deserve nominations for trying to argue that tom feeney was a better full back than brian lohanā€¦

take off the saffron and blue specs there puke, Lohan was ever only a mullocker! If they get nominated for IOTM for saying thatā€¦then I dont know what to make of thingsā€¦

Itā€™s early days but itā€™s certainly a quiet month. Despite a quiet few days I think Puke would still be my favourite to retain the crown. His protests about the voting were idiotic in the extreme. Shan is keeping a very low profile but the Lancashire derby at the weekend might bring him out of his shell.

As I speculated on last monthā€™s voting thread, people seem to have backed off and are afraid their posts will be ā€˜used against themā€™ (copyright Captainshan). I donā€™t think thereā€™s been a lack of posts on the board so far in September, itā€™s more people havenā€™t been as idiotic with each other, thereā€™s been less rows and people seem to see the title as a burden rather than the honour itā€™s meant to be. For example, Shanā€™s probably deleted more content than heā€™s actually posted since losing the head in late July/early August. Pukeā€™s always liable to react to something. Farmerā€™s been pretty controlled so far. Iā€™m generally in the hunt too. I sensed Mire getting annoyed yesterday on the ā€˜Blue Steelā€™ thread - she usually comes out with the ā€˜maybe if I used the word ā€˜cuntā€™ a bit more then you lot could understand what Iā€™m sayingā€™ when sheā€™s angry and she could yet explode later in the month. Rocko has to be favourite though.

I said Waterford would win by 2, I feel pretty idiotic, might nominate myself.

Pukeā€™s hysterics during the voting process is surely worthy of making him a serious contender this month, only difficulty was that it was so early in the month.

The about turn then when puke, realising that everyone was laughing at his hysterics, decides to ā€œembraceā€ the award is surely another act of supreme idiocy.

And the constant banging on about Lohan, seemingly oblivous to the fact the we are entitled to have different opinions of the abilities of sportspeople.

A quality idiot.

I think the whole ā€œBandage was in Glasgow, no he was at Crokerā€ saga will play on peoples minds.

Who ended up the idiot here?

[quote=ā€œLockeā€]I think the whole ā€œBandage was in Glasgow, no he was at Crokerā€ saga will play on peoples minds.

Who ended up the idiot here?[/quote]

See the last sentence on post #5 on this thread.

Rocko?!?

gman i have no problem with anyone saying he was overrated but to say that a middling to fair intercounty hurler like feeney was a better fullback is idioticā€¦
that would be like me trying to say that henning berg was a much better centre half than fabio cannavaroā€¦

Just picked up a letter addressed to me which was delivered about a month ago but i only noticed it now to find that on the front of the envelope bandage has listed all the nominations for the August poll. The cunt wouldnā€™t even use the back.

Not much to respond to from that sentence from Bandage Iā€™m afraid. Iā€™m aware of his efforts to wriggle out of a difficult situation but heā€™s yet to produce any evidence at all of his attendance at Croke Park and Iā€™ve pictured him in Glasgow on that very day.

http://img99.imageshack.us/img99/1061/jaysusbj1.gif

[quote=ā€œAppendageā€]Pukeā€™s hysterics during the voting process is surely worthy of making him a serious contender this month, only difficulty was that it was so early in the month.

The about turn then when puke, realising that everyone was laughing at his hysterics, decides to ā€œembraceā€ the award is surely another act of supreme idiocy.

And the constant banging on about Lohan, seemingly oblivous to the fact the we are entitled to have different opinions of the abilities of sportspeople.

A quality idiot.[/quote]

Add to that his hard man antics in Limerick bullying a child to try and impress a few young girls out celebrating their Junior cert results

you have taken that incident out of context now franā€¦i wasnā€™t out the night of the junior cert resultsā€¦

i look forward to seeing your apology and withdrawing of your snide remarkā€¦

If the voting patterns of recent months have shown us anything then itā€™s sheer idiocy at the beginning of the month is often consigned to the dustbin and itā€™s these last few days of the month when decisive displays of idiocy are rewarded. In that sense, The Puke seems to be on a ridiculous roll with some of the stuff heā€™s coming out with in the last couple of days. I could be in the hunt again after being caught conspiring with Mrs Rock to show her husband for the liar that he is. But will I be punished, like Nelson Mandela, for seeking the truth? Rocko deserves to be in the hunt for his sly conniving in the background. I also think itā€™s funny that Shanā€™s too timid to post this month after his narrow escape in August, lest he say anything that would be construed as an IOTM contender. Flanoā€™s new seat in work is keeping him off here and his chances are low this month. NCC seems to have ruffled a few feathers with his GGA posts but I canā€™t think of many other candidates. Weā€™ll really need more people to step up to the plate as the week progresses - for example, I sense Farmerā€™s ready to go off on one at the slightest provocation.

My new seat has nothing to do with it in fairness. Everyone seems to be tearing into each other without any help from me so Im just staying quiet.

Fair enough balljaws.

Here who have you got lined up on your side for Wm? Weā€™ve got JBL on our side.