Idiot of the Month - September Preview

The Brian Kendrick.

the 26th of the monthā€¦about time lads started giving this some real thoughtā€¦new members donā€™t be afraid to make snap judgements about posters ye donā€™t really e-knowā€¦

as the incumbent of the title i will try and stay diplomatic on the issueā€¦

sorry to say puke, but I think you are favorite to retain your crown. the shenanigans at the start of the month over getting the crown last time and calling the competition into disripute, then the middle of the month with your ā€˜celbrityā€™ spot and reluctance to leave it go, and the shambles that was/is the prediction comp.

In most months, probably not enough to win, but this month has been quiet. Locke will get a token nomination Iā€™m sure for complaining he wasnt asked into the ā€˜secondā€™ TFK fantasy footie league, even tho he voted for shan over that whole fiasco.

some new members might come on your side tho, and I wouldnt be suprised if you pull off a coup yourself much like flanos well orchestrated campaign last month.

I think anyone who prefaces words with ā€˜e-ā€™ is a nerd and deserves a good kicking and not just an e-kicking.

This months contest pales in comparison to last months thats for sure. Its kinda like turning on some soccer ball after watching a cracker of a hurling match, it just cant compare, and pales in comparison.

I imagine the nominations thread cant be far away.

[quote=ā€œThe Pukeā€]the 26th of the monthā€¦about time lads started giving this some real thoughtā€¦new members donā€™t be afraid to make snap judgements about posters ye donā€™t really e-knowā€¦

as the incumbent of the title i will try and stay diplomatic on the issueā€¦[/quote]

I think the end poll should only have 3 candidates. Limiting the field would allow for intensive lobbying and an exciting count. It would also permit some decent and organised debates and campaigns from the Candidates.

Limiting the field also allows for a more transparent election process.

I reckon MGG is in with a good shout this month. Altho the recent influx of AFR heads might be enough to save her. NCC & Flano havenā€™t endeared themselves to any new members and thereā€™s that many of them now that I think a well orchestrated campaign could be enough to see them through.

Lets not forget Bandage emailing Mrs Rock as well to prove that he wasnā€™t in Glasgow.

[quote=ā€œGmanā€]
some new members might come on your side tho, and I wouldnt be suprised if you pull off a coup yourself much like flanos well orchestrated campaign last month.[/quote]

Thats a very valid point. Lot of votes out there to be hoovered up, in much the same way as this clandestine ā€œgroupā€ which flano spoke for, did last month, we could very well see a retaliatory campaign.

[quote=ā€œMairegangaireā€]I think the end poll should only have 3 candidates. Limiting the field would allow for intensive lobbying and an exciting count. It would also permit some decent and organised debates and campaigns from the Candidates.

Limiting the field also allows for a more transparent election process.[/quote]

You must have been throwing one of your strops while this was discussed and voted upon last month?

[quote=ā€œMacā€]
Lets not forget Bandage emailing Mrs Rock as well to prove that he wasnā€™t in Glasgow.[/quote]

E-mailing another mans wife behind his back is a bit idiotic, that is true.

MGG is right (wtf am I saying:confused:),

Lets give the two-tiered system a go this time

I do work full time; write and other stuff; ā€œStropsā€ as a reason for my absense is not laddish but primary school yard stuff.

What I remember being discussed was having a two tier nomination process; not ā€œthe three with the most nominations go to the people.ā€

A two-tiered system was reject by the majority.

Obviously this clandestine group are against the two tiered system.

Very interesting.

i wpuldnā€™t be that sad and petty that i would go out of my way to get people to vote for someone because i have an old score to settleā€¦but then again who am i to judgeā€¦

MBB, have you ever emailed another manā€™s wife yourself?! Ever? Not even during the course of your day in work?

We had a vote about two-tier last month and it got the Lisbon Treaty treatment so weā€™ll continue as is.

[quote=ā€œBandageā€]

We had a vote about two-tier last month and it got the Lisbon Treaty treatment so weā€™ll continue as is.[/quote]

sure the Lisbon treaty is going to get another shot, like the Nice treaty. OOops, we didnt get a yes vote, twiddle around with it and send it back out to vote again sure!:wink:

[quote=ā€œBandageā€]MBB, have you ever emailed another manā€™s wife yourself?! Ever? Not even during the course of your day in work?

We had a vote about two-tier last month and it got the Lisbon Treaty treatment so weā€™ll continue as is.[/quote]

i believe that someone mentioned making the poll private so that the result wouldnā€™t be know til after the polls are closed and possibly an exit poll set up for speculationā€¦could well add to the tensionā€¦

[quote=ā€œBandageā€]MBB, have you ever emailed another manā€™s wife yourself?! Ever? Not even during the course of your day in work?
[/quote]

Yer not turning this one around ye townie cunt!

yeah that was something mentioned which would be better. last time people were holding votes, but there would be no reason to hold them if there was no counter while voting was still running.