I'm a dosser who takes pictures of inane scenery thread

It has been an unmitigated success, i actually had doubts about whether it would take off as I was full sure some urbanite would be on talking shite about Dollymouth Strand or some other eye sore

There’s a nice little loop walk in Dundrum in Tipp as well. The paths and lake and all are always well looked after.

Greater Dublin metropolitan area:
Pretty much anywhere along Dublin’s beautiful and dramatic coastline especially:
down to the end of the South Wall at Poolbeg

Dunleary pier

Up to the top of Killiney Hill
http://i4.photoblog.com/photos3/36304-1210534449-15-l.jpg

Around the cliff from Bray to Greystones

Quite fond of the stretch along the Liffey between Islandbridge and Chapelizod

Galway
Salthill Prom walk
Corrib walk from opposite Menlo Castle down to the university - opposite Menlo is a lovely spot

1 Like

The green road at the top of Corker hill is a serious walk also. The views across to the promised land are the envy of many!

Dublin wont count in this instance Sid,the place is a cunthole,this thread is about outstanding walks and picturesque scenery,ask Puke and he’ll put you right.

NOT A WALK.

You can pretty much walk any of the roads between you and me and have a fine walk without picking out any route but you will be walking for a while

Killiney hill looks ok. Any urban city type walks are not picturesque though.

Your further down on the west coast of Clare so by the sounds of it.

The views from Sliabh Carran are outstanding also.

Dublin has it all mate - a sophisticated urban populace, a truly world class literary, musical and sporting culture, a global financial centre, our magnificent urban parks are unequalled anywhere in the world, and of course fantastic natural scenery with our stunning coastline and the mountains on our doorstep. We are the envy of the rest of Ireland.

Oh here we go…

I have jogged that same beach, beautiful. As well as running on the cliff. Great spot Killkee only for the people (well the summer people anyway).

And it’s haunted as fuck.

Walks are great. Yup yup

a walk around the Foynes docks on a saturday evening whilst half cut is an intersting experience i am told

[quote=“caoimhaoin, post: 545665”]
I have jogged that same beach, beautiful. As well as running on the cliff. Great spot Killkee only for the people (well the summer people anyway).[/quote]

kilkee is to be avoided at all cost on any given bank holiday weekend.

Why is that now Mikee?
BTW Foynes is a shit hole

Agreed

The Sky Road in Clifden is smashing.

The Cliff walk in Howth is as fine and picturesque a walk as there is in this country. Another beauty is the walk from Howth Dart Station up through the Deerpark over Shielmartin Hill past the megalithic tomb and down to Red Rock and back to Sutton Dart Station. A Fingal Delight. And when you are up there looking down over the bay at Dublin City you realise that Dublin has one of the most magnificent settings of any Capital city

Banna strand/Ballyheigue. Ten miles or so of serious beach.

Curraghchase is a very nice place for walking aswell.

Theres a savage walk around Dingle Bay on the Fenit side. Goes as far as tralee. Very nice.

Fuck off.
There are no good scenic walks on the bland and boring east coast.