I'm a dosser who takes pictures of inane scenery thread

Malahide castle and gardens some spot on a day like this, absolutely top class,
Just had a picnic while watching a girls cricket game, one girl has just knocked the stumps after at least three bounces,

1 Like

Welcome to Paradise mate

Take the kids to the playground
Have a good on toots
Hire the bike which can take the full family and have a spin around the grounds
Meet @thedancingbaby and go tripping on shrooms
Head to the mltcc

1 Like

Take the coast road from malahide to portmarnock and stop at the high rock along the way for a swim. Between there and the beach in Porto there’s a martello tower where @Rocko lives.

1 Like

I think there is a lovely bar in the swimming pool that all the locals go to.

This is an easy one, where did I finish my mini tour of Ireland today,

Rock of Cashel

3 Likes

I’d never been up there before, it’s actually really cool, we had a great tour guide.

1 Like

Did you enjoy the view of my land?

Finish that book yet?

I had a nice chat with a sheep farmer who’s milking 500 at the moment on the road to Golden and is supplying crozier blue and selling ice cream outside the shop, very nice ice cream too. We were hungry passing through Fethard and were shocked and pleasantly surprised to come upon a place called Dooks that wouldn’t be out of place in Malahide, have you been?
I haven’t finished it yet as I have 2 other books on the go and didn’t bring it away with me, I’ve about 50 pages to go, it’s up and down, he goes off on tangents I’ve no interest in but he gets it right it’s very very good, definitely more of a muck savages book though.

Young chap of the Crosses is who were talking too. He took over a sheep farm between Cashel & Golden down by the River. Hard fucking goer and he’s getting Premuim money for the milk. Fair play to him for going into the market.

Big rugby player too, he’s a big unit.

1 Like

Fair play to him, that’s hard earned money. 500 sheep would leave him a nice monthly cheque.

1 Like

He hopes to have 1000 next year

Serious work he put in. New / Modified parlour and you know the manual work with stupid cunts of sheep.
He’s entitled to every bob.

2 Likes

Absolute bastards of animals to deal with. Still if you know what you’re at and you’ve good facilities then it’s achievable.

2 Likes

He’s a slave for work but he’s coining it big time. Be surprised if Ear to the Ground don’t do a feature on him next series.

1 Like

How would you go about milking sheep? Is there a special milking system/machine specifically?

Most likely a two teat, rotary vane pump with a single pulsating system, a simple enough machine.

5 Likes

Great to have a few agri experts like yourself, @carryharry and @KinvarasPassion on the forum, even for threads that aren’t agri-specific.

I know Feck all about sheep milking as nobody keeps sheep around our way. I didn’t know much about pig production either (the grandparents had a few when I was growing up) but I’d a savage answer on pig production lined up for the leaving cert ag science exam :clap:

2 Likes

That’s what I asked as well, would they need anybody to stand in a gap at all, it’s a strange picture imagining them going in to be milked

I did some serious walking this past week, took the trek over to the Ryan’s Daughter schoolhouse on Slea head the other day and spotted this beautifully positioned working gate

2 Likes