I'm going into town now

I’ll try there’s so!

Had a decent day out, thankfully the weather held up. Papaz was a bit busy as I was passing so I gave it a skip until another day. Ended up going to O’Connors on Cruises Street and got a nice bowl of soup and a sandwich.

Ended up buying a nice winter coat and got myself Madden 18 with a OneForAll voucher I had from a birthday.

3 Likes

I took my time on providing this update. What a day i had. After viewing a car in the Dublin 6 area, i travelled to the city centre.

My main objective was to visit Easons and pick up a copy of Kieran Fallons autobiography and meet the great man. Having queued with the masses and listened to some ould lad talk about his latest 500k flat acquisition he was targetting the Ebor with, i managed to meet the man and get the book (purchased for 18.99) signed. We spoke about Crusheen hurling and I bid my dues to him. I made a b-line for the door afterwards, not wanting to be caught up conversing and standing around like a spare tool.

I stopped next in the Jervis St. Centre where i got a sandwich, a cake and a coffee for the price of a site. Despite my misgivings on cost, it tasted ok and my short toilet break thereafter didnt result in any pebble dash. All positive.

I went to Schuh next to peruse for a new pair of tackies. I picked out a navy Adidas type i liked and asked the garcon to get me a pair to try on. He returned a glum face noting they didnt have my size. As i made for the door, he pointed toward a Reebok pair on a shelf and ran over to me as if he’d solved all my needs…the idiot was basically selling me an entirely different shoe. He didnt seem to understand this and so i had to provide him a strong chastising and waved his protestations away. Commission hungry tosser.

On my way out of town i spotted well known Offaly supporter and roaster Mick McDonagh carrying shopping bags down Abbey St. I made the conscious decision not to record this on the Celeb spotting thread so as not to waste @Mullach_Ide 's time and cause utter confusion to the forum. I also witnessed a female addict taking crisps out of a young lads packet of chipsticks on the street, appalling all in sight with the exception of me and a few others who fell around the place laughing.

14 Likes

Jaysus who goes to the jervis centre

Junkies and poor people

1 Like

Junkies and poor people and businessmen.

The Celtic Shop is in Jervis Street Shopping Centre.

5 Likes

The Jervis Street Shopping Centre is a posh version of the Ilac Centre

3 Likes

There are those of us who seek out entertainment and hospitality in the darkest of places mate

1 Like

O’Connor’s was a shocking choice for grub, busy is good mate.
where’d you get your coat? Pic?

1 Like

O Connor’s is grand , relatively cheap and wholesome . The staff are nice townies .

I wouldn’t knock it .

Something very similar to this. I would post a pic of the jacket but I left it in the car and I cant be arsed going out to get it :sweat_smile::sweat_smile:

1 Like

I got something similar for Christmas a few years back. The fucking forty zips are a pain in the hole. Especially on a night out. I gave it away for a finish up I think

The zips can be a bit annoying alright at times. Good jacket though for the winter.

Ten for effort

1 Like

High on perspiration, lacking inspiration

2 Likes

Gave it away to the bar you left it in while pissed

A proper roaster jacket that. You’d see high flying roasters wearing that on building sites

2 Likes

that sounds like great craic
my young fella roars “brownhead” at unsuspecting colored folk on the street much to the disgust of his mother (which makes it all the more satisfying)

1 Like

Just back from town there now. Got in early and went to Grafton St. Had a nice coffee and a croissant in Dunne and Crescenzis. Very pleasant all round.

4 Likes

Just back from town (Limerick) myself. Hair trimmed and booze stocked. The place was hoppin’. Managed to expertly avoid any traffic delays with good timing and choice of route. Time to kick back.