I'm going into town now

You want him to be one of those weirdos who pretends his kid is growing up in Tipp or the likes?

If young bandage moved in near ibrox would he buy him a rangers jersey?

2 Likes

In the same city as his beloved Celtic, why would he?

Jaysus, it must be every fathers nigjtmare for their young son to ask for a Celtic jersey, I don’t even think @Bandage would encourage that

115euro trousers, look at Billy Bigballs

You bought your son a Dublin jersey? Fuck sake.

4 Likes

Arragh! I must confess to enjoying the narrative. Bando is a craftsman at enunciating a tale.
The Christmas arrangements are as yet somewhat unclear. My concern stems from the purchase of solely Leinster based GAA gear and some Celtic shite for Bandage Minor.

I’d imagine the Farney Grandad will throw a wobble and insist on something drastic like a tattoo in the image of Patrick Kavanagh… Caution advised here buddy…

Open the front door one evening for half an hour and you should see Sam Maguire passing by. The photo with little Bando in it wearing his Dublin jersey will make a great Christmas card.

2 Likes

My son was born in Dublin and lives in Dublin. I don’t understand the muldoon dissent in response to buying the chap a Dublin jersey. I’m hardly going to buy him a Meath or Kildare jersey.

5 Likes

Embrace your inner muldoon mate. Monaghan in football and Wexford in hurling

Weird how fellas expect their kids to support the parents home county

:+1:

5 Likes

Literally. His balls need more expensive trousers …fair play @bandage

1 Like

that’s what it’s all about

1 Like

So the great bearded wizard is going to turn up in CMX or WX with a Dublin jersey for the chap.
Have you lost your fucking mind. I’d burn the thing if it turned up here.

1 Like

He has a nice way with words, there’s no getting away from it. He’s hopeless with numbers though.

Santa Claus will be delivering the Dublin jersey to the boy on Christmas morning in my folks’ house in Wexford. :eek:

Will you be sharing a bed with your life partner/lover when you are in your mother’s house at Christmas?

:ronnyroar:

one hundred per cent
my fella* has one of these blue devenish meath training tops on him and a chelsea shirt - the Beitar and cork jersies that he gets are never worn - and this is just in senior infants

@Bandage that’s a cracking post tho , lovely flow to it but i felt that maybe you tried a little too hard in places - i laughed out loud at the back door comment also but i think that was down to your naivety that is a nice trait in your style

the great thing about a post like that is that it requires no effort to write as it flows and you should never ruin that narration by inserting a few manufactured lines as they interrupt your stream of consciousness -
good stuff

*male child

4 Likes