Injuries

Problem there is finding a trust worthy physio

2 Likes

Not sure. But my club pay for nothing as far as i know.

Insurance has been allowed go to fuck by GAA.

We would be intermediate football (got relegated from senior last year) and intermediate hurling (albeit hanging on at that level). Some lads are hypochondriacs and if they had a twinge they would need a rub. One fringe player who would spend most of the season on the bench had 30 sessions. If he wasnā€™t a lazy fuck and used a foam roller he could spare the club that unnecessary expense.

1 Like

Thatā€™s absolutely ridiculous. He should be told go fuck. Players need to be looked after but thatā€™s taking the piss.

Club and physio to blame there. Physio taking the piss, a good lad would tdll the manager this lad is taking the piss.

1 Like

What way does it work? do the players go to his house/clinic or does he do a couple of nights a week below at the club with slots available for players?

Players go to his house where he has a converted garage converted into a physio room. He is a physical therapist as opposed to chartered. He is also there match days up to an hour before we meet up to strap lads up or give fellas a rub. He also at the service of other clubs and sometimes is not available. If and when that scenario plays out we have a guy who is a former playing member of the club to give a dig out.

For a start anyways physio shouldnā€™t be paid for any work not pre approved with member of team management. So player needs to get agreed with selector or someone before he goes.

Pain in the hole at start but will put off chancers over time from going looking for it to be approver

2 Likes

Is there no end to the snowflake mentality out there.
Some shower if pusseys looking for attention. Play on or fuck off home.

Ah here - ā‚¬10k to a physical therapist working out of his garage? There must be a savage big window at the front of it

2 Likes

I think I might have seen this place in Pulp Fiction.

ā‚¬10k in cash?

This physio fella is appears to be a bit of a gangster. The players are no better. He must tell great yarns.

2 Likes

Are you confident your man and the physio havenā€™t come to a mutually beneficial arrangement to mug the club off?

Even with 30 sessions at say ā‚¬50 a pop thatā€™s still only ā‚¬1500. Whereā€™s the rest of the money gone? Sounds like ye are a club of sick notes.

Thatā€™s the capitalist way, mate.

Its the definition of mugging off.

Everyone else is at it - Physios deserve their day in the sun also.

He would be there on match day as well where he probably charges ā‚¬50 an hour. That could be up to 3 or 4 hours out of his day where he would be at our disposal. if we play 20 games in both codes between league and championship that could easily account for a few grand of that total. We just got one bill at the end of the year. Anyway I plan on shaking things up.Wintergreen laced with poteen will be the order of the day from now on.

We have had terrible administrators for years but its hard to get people to do these jobs in the first place. As Iā€™m sure is the case with most clubs only a handful can actually raise or generate money but everyone has ideas on how to spend it.

Some similarities there alright although the gimp didnā€™t sign up for it.

If ye are paying a physio ā‚¬200 a pop to be at a match ye are being royally fucked over.

Even at ā‚¬50 an hour ye are basically paying him for a months work. ā‚¬10,000 at say ā‚¬50 an hour is 200 hours, so at 40 hours a week it is 5 weeks work, while paying him ā‚¬2k a week :neutral_face:.