Injuries

I recently discovered tumeric is unreal for inflammation, with my heavy training regime it has turned out to be essential

Irish gaa roasters are fucking unbelievable

Bit my tongue quite hard there lads when eating my dinner.

Itā€™s a rear tongue injury and I think I have sustained some soft tissue damage.

Please advise.

1 Like

A thumb up your hole should distract you from the tongue discomfort.

Bite your lip and say nothing.

4 Likes

Absolute morons.

Lee Keegan being a lapdog also at the weekend. What does he have to prove ffs.

What did keegan do kev?

Turned out for Mayo after saying heā€™d take a few weeks for himself after the club AI

First time for everything

6 Likes

I didnā€™t enjoy it so wonā€™t be doing it again.

1 Like

See Raylans post.

Now we donā€™t know was he pushed into it or did he ask, either way it was silly.

You can be sure it was his own choice.

ā€œAfter the time that it took to have a few dry needling sessions had passed, it improvedā€
I think you mean.

Definitely his own choice. But should have been told to fuck off for a fortnight at least.

Darran O Sullivan came on for Kerry as well.

Lol

Picked up what I can only class as a dead leg last weekend. Collided full speed shin on shin with the planted leg of of an opponent. Was agony at the time and took me a good five minutes to run it off.

Had a heavy limp for three days or so afterwards but it has softened out and have little pain walking and no real bruising or pain to the touch. But when I sit down or go to bed I get a savage pain from the outside of my ankle to the bottom of the outside of my knee which wakes me numerous times in the night. Anyone ever experience similar pain?

Any previous dead leg I had was above the knee

Sounds like nerve damage.

The worst pain I ever had from a match was a kick to the back of the calf. Wasnā€™t too bad in the immediate aftermath of the game, but by 11pm that night I was crying in pain. There was nothing major wrong and cleared up after about 2 weeks.

Did you get this sorted? I just came in here to log something very similar when I spotted your post.

I overdid it fixing up a bit of heavy furniture last week and had a bit of sore back afterwards. Had a bit of pain in my back & glutes for the next few days but over the weekend have been getting really bad spasms/cramps on the outside of my calf when I stand or sit. Totally fine when I lie down. Went to physio but havenā€™t been making any great progress.

Yeah it cleared up but took two and a half weeks.

Strangely enough I played a championship match over the weekend and took and gave plenty of punishment and Iā€™d say it was the first game ive played in three years where I didnā€™t have a pain or ache in my leg and even jogged the 3.5km back to the club the following morning for the car.

Yeah, coming around to the thought that Iā€™ll just have to take it handy for a few weeks.