Injuries

@KinvarasPassion is your man if you have calf trouble

2 Likes

So long as it doesn’t need feeding

Stay on top of it with foam rolling after treatment.

@Bandage, how’s your calf holding up?

Good suggestion that cheers man

I wouldn’t suggest foam rolling on that for a while.

1 Like

Get well soon, mate.

1 Like

What happened?

@fenwaypark sorted him. Sorted him good and proper

4 Likes

I called to @backinatracksuit s door. Thought I could convince him to vote No In the 8th . He invited me in for tea, and then the wife and kids jumped me.

4 Likes

Is the foam roller any good for lower back pain? I’ve had an issue with it for a few years now, flares up on average once a year leaving me stopped for a couple of days, since I took up running it’s given me a little bit of trouble, the pain is more of a minor nuisance but I’d like to help it, physio didn’t do much, I do very occasional yoga for people with back issues

Might help.

feminax-express-tablets-342mg-pack-of-16-5745420327ac0

3 Likes

Wouldn’t touch the lower back with a foam roller. Try rolling the glutes and hamstring and they can free things up a bit. Google pelvic tilt also. Common enough and can give lower back issues.

2 Likes

Unless you’re trail running or on grass I’d keep the distances low. Not sure running is a great exercise for lads to take up in their 40s

2 Likes

Do a few sprints on the pitches in Mary I rather than jogging at walking pace prying on travellers.

3 Likes

Lots of edits there
No offence mate, but what on Gods earth would I be hoping to achieve sprinting across a hurling pitch at my age?

A moderate level of fitness mate,

What age are you?

I’ve been fit all my life, just need to take a break from soccer for a while

I’d agree with him. Slight increase in risk of muscle injury but should achieve results. Better than spending hours a week hitting the pavement.

1 Like