Interesting Things Thread

I would be slow to take any map which doesn’t have Western Sahara coloured in a non-committal grey seriously.

1 Like

North America population density.

9 Likes

Maps well onto this

11 Likes

Could also have gone in the things I learned today thread.

Algeria was once the Worlds largest exporter of wine, and by a massive distance.

2 Likes

The Boys GIF by Amazon Prime Video

1 Like

I have had the “pleasure” of being in a manufacturing facility which in essence was a human abattoir where they they would harvest skin off freshly deceased bodies and dry ice it to be used in smaller skin grafts, cosmetic surgery, hernia operations etc all around the US.

It was a fairly complex process and an absolutely joyless work environment. Grey, sterile and not a window in the place. Thankfully I only had to visit once for two days to get some knowledge on their processes.

The practice is banned in the EU. Skin for similar procedures is created synthetically in a facility somewhere in spain using some form of a 3D printer.

7 Likes

Turn the one on the left

4 Likes

Der bist veels vithin veels, so der bist

Looks like hellraiser 8

They could have worked a swastika in there some place.

@Big_Dan_Campbell

https://twitter.com/G_S_Bhogal/status/1669814920685264898?t=0o4SlicY0smguehzYeP9iA&s=19

3 Likes
2 Likes

Some few people can afford to still live in Ireland anyway.

2 Likes

Or can’t afford not to!

Some jumps in the middle East. Italy and Greece barely hanging on.

That’s a fascinating story that should be better known.
A video here of Le Muesserier himself talking about it in detail. In fairness to him he owned up to it, a lesser man would have doubled down and told her to fuck off.

1 Like
2 Likes

I don’t see your point?

Surprised by Dingle a load of new developments recently but I suppose most of them are holiday homes

2 Likes