Interesting Things Thread

Found this on Facebook,a list of the old car registrations county by county

7 Likes

There was a logic/system

3 Likes

There was a committee sat down for that anyway

1 Like

https://twitter.com/Rainmaker1973/status/1731359049977933954?t=VvzNDZxKCutqWRAi1yCPDw&s=19

6 Likes

I’m not convinced.
They look kind of flat to me on the horizontal and vertical sides.

I couldn’t see them at first but now it’s all I see

Its brilliant. Couldnt see them at all, then they switched on, then off again, then had to work hard again to see them and can now turn them on a t will. Fantastic

1 Like

“to boldly go” is a split infinitive and is considered by a lot of people to be objectionable

2 Likes

There’s a superb in-joke there, as I’m in no doubt you’re aware …?

1 Like

A friend’s parents used to drive a Corolla with a reg plate of ‘HIV 999, which we all found hilarious as kids.

1 Like

Pobal Deprivation Indices give an interesting indicator of where the money resides in Oireland

Pobal HP Deprivation Indices

1 Like

Does it account for Rathkeale over the coming weeks?

Apparently not

Ah shur thats the entire thing fucked.

Does it say how it actually measures it?

Is it based on census data?

Taken from their website:

The Pobal HP Deprivation Index (Haase and Pratschke, 2017) is the core index for the Republic of Ireland and covers the small areas (SA) of the 2006, 2011, 2016 and 2022 Censuses.

The index is based on the combination of three dimensions of relative affluence and deprivation: Demographic Profile, Social Class Composition, Labour Market Situation.

sure im aware but you need to ladybird it for the @Macs & @padjos of the world

1 Like

It’s weird because NCR, which is the richest part of Limerick is only Green, as are parts of SCR, which again would be very leafy.

I’m guessing it’s to do with the fact that a lot of the people in those places are maybe older and on pensions

2 Likes

agreed, i looked at an estate in Malahide where no house is sold for less than 1m and its down as marginally above average, the age profile in that estate would have a lot of seniors

I was wondering what was dragging my street down to “affluent”

4 Likes