Inverness CT vs Celtic - Scottish Cup Quarter Final

Off due to waterlogged pitch

Waterlogged pitch. :rolleyes:

The SPL game against Hibs will have to be rearranged now. It was originally due to be held on Wednesday.

I’m very wary of this cup tie though.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/scot_cups/9422305.stm

called off

Hadnt heard this. Thanks. :clap:

Cheers TASE. Rome derby or Wexford Park are my back up options.

The winners of this tie will meet either St Mirren or Aberdeen in the semi-final.

Rocko’s kindly offered to bring his laptop to the pub tomorrow night so we can catch the Celtic game on a stream as it’s not being televised live. I’m pretty apprehensive about it. Wilson and Brown are suspended and Majstorovic is injured. I used to dislike the two Scottish lads but they’ve been playing well since Christmas and they know what to expect away from home at a stereotypical ‘difficult place to go’. I can’t recall Celtic playing well up there, ever.

I’m not sure who will skipper the side as the above mentioned absentees are the main candidates and the long term injured Shaun Maloney also had the armband at one stage in the autumn when Brown was out. Kayal would be my choice but he could give it to Mulgrew or even someone like Ledley. I think Juarez for Wilson is a straightforward swap with Cha still injured too. Rogne will slot back in for Maj and I would switch Commons to the right and play Ledley narrow on the left with Ki and Kayal in the centre. Hooper is meant to be touch and go after being rested for the Hamilton game 10 days ago. It turned out that he has a minor knee problem rather than the assumed ankle/foot injury from when Bougherra tried to seriously hurt him.

I’d be going for:

Forster,
Juarez, Rogne, Mulgrew, Izaguirre,
Commons, Kayal, Ki, Ledley,
Samaras, Hooper.

+1 to all that Bandage.

I think there was talk about Kayal getting the armband, not sure if that was just hope/speculation or from a reliable source but he has the makings of a good captain anyway. That looks like the midfield to go with, particularly away from home. Just hope we don’t opt for out and out wingers instead of Ledley. The other option that Lennon might be tempted by if Hooper is out would be to bring in Forrest and play 5 across midfield with Commons and Forrest taking turns to get into the box - similar formation to new year’s game at Ibrox but it lacks a central midfield player who’d be comfortable playing in an advanced role.

[quote=“Rocko, post: 570270”]
+1 to all that Bandage.[/quote]

Any temptation to rest players for Sunday’s cup final?

None for me. No point in busting our gut and taking 2 games to knock the huns out only to give it away tomorrow night.

It would obviously be awful to lose to them on Sunday but I think it’s right to prioritise tomorrow night, hopefully get the win and then roll on the weekend.

There’s some lads on different Celtic sites advocating resting 5 or 6 players, which is daft in my opinion.

Yeah I agree with that completely. We’ve just had a rest at the weekend too. Always good beating the huns for the sake of it but it’s important to win trophies at the end of it too.

If it was a league game against the huns at the weekend I’d actually be more tempted to rest some players but even then I wouldn’t bother. The only consideration would be risking players who aren’t fully fit (i.e. Hooper). I wouldn’t be rushing him back for the sake of it, go with Stokes and Samaras if there are doubts.

Ah, it’s super to be in complete agreement with you. It’s just like old times.

Still nervous about tonight, especially after the recent away display at Motherwell. But I heard the team scoped badly after that game so I’m completely discounting it because it suits me to do so. 'Mon the hoops.

This on tv bandage? like the look of celtic ht at 4/5. reckon we will come out straight from whistle after break. any teams news would be appreciated also

Not on tv anywhere. Web links should be available in poor quality.

Team is

Forster
Juarez
Loovens
Mulgrew
Izzy
Commons
Ki
Kayal
Ledley
Samaras
Hooper

Rogne has a sore wisdom tooth so Loovens starts! Fuck. Samaras is captain.

Larry, I’ve delegated your query to Rocko to answer.

Firstrowsports.eu for link I think Larry

My internet connection isn’t quick enough rocko but thanks anyway

I’m watching it on Bandage’s phone so I’d be surprised if you can’t get it.

working all right. thanks