Investment Opportunities (get poor quickly schemes)

Thats their job it would be seen as a massive failure for an IPO to break its launch price on the first day. It’s bad enough that it broke it on the second day.

There was a major fuck up by Nasdaq on the launch with the trade matching system not functioning for a few hours, Morgan Stanley and others stepped in to keep the price up until normality returned. Nasdaq likely to get sued anyways

Can’t wait for Twitter to float on the stock market. Then it really will be a case of “this time it’s different”. All the savvy investors will be all over it. Don’t miss the boat!

International investment in mongolia has taken a hit of late due to uncertainties about the new financial regulations and upcoming new government. Many superb companies have taken large hits and are now undervalued. This will be righted in the next couple of months.

There was a big (paid for) spread on Mongolian investment opportunities a good few months back. I always wonder who are the people that plough money into to ventures in these kind of places. I presume they have decent natural resources of some sort though.

buy heifers for the bull lads

Underregulated and underexploited areas of huge mineral potential I believe. A wild west for the bold and the brave. Pm me tinnion if you wish to avail of my info for a small fee.

As I’m trying to avoid work I’ve just done some Wikipedia research on Mongolia:
[left][size=3][font=sans-serif]Currecny 1 [/font][font=sans-serif]tögrög[/font][font=sans-serif] (MNT) = 100 möngö[/font][/size]

:lol:
[/left][left]How many mongo in a togrog? No one can say for sure.[/left]

Facebook shares closed down below $29 today

Anyone ever dabble in ETF’s with some success?

Or would a lad be as well off to buy a few heifers and give them and easy calving Limousin.

[quote=“Kinvara, post: 343943”]

Unlikely to ever make you rich but a reasonably low risk way to get exposure to general market performance. Much cheaper than managed funds aswell.

Good man Hulio,

Whats the cheapest way of buying these ETF fella’s? I assume Davey and the likes charge extortionist fee’s for such services.

A London based online broker is your best bet. Most of the ETFs you’d be interested in are traded in London anyway.

If you know what you want yourself the likes of TD Waterhouse do it for €15 a trade or some such. If you need some advice you’ll have to pay extra.

Just be careful they are reputable, worth paying a few quid extra for the sake of the place not going bust and losing everything

Are they ‘owners’ of the ETF during its lifetime?

I assume you would have to purchase these in Sterling so you are opening yourself up a bit to currency fluctuations?

Depends what you are looking for KV. Theres an ETF for nearly anything now and available in all the major currencies

Thanks folks.

Might go with the few heifers option yet… http://cp12-eu.stablehost.com/~thefreek/board/public/style_emoticons/default/smiley-stroking-chin.gif

Why not do both :lol:

http://www.etfsecurities.com/csl/etfs_live_cattle.asp

Like I said an ETF for nearly everything

[quote=“briantinnion, post: 343941”]

As I’m trying to avoid work I’ve just done some Wikipedia research on Mongolia:
[left][size=3][font=sans-serif]Currecny 1 [/font][font=sans-serif]tögrög[/font][font=sans-serif] (MNT) = 100 möngö[/font][/size]

[/left][left]How many mongo in a togrog? No one can say for sure.[/left][/quote]

Lol out loud. Yaw bwakin my haawwt.

Facebook down in pretrading again on the back of Zynga who are down 40% and contribute to 15% of Facebooks revenue…

Farmville… who the fcuk pays money to play this shit anyway?

Anyway, This is a bit of a disaster for all involved.