Investment Opportunities (get poor quickly schemes)

Facebook closes yesterday evening at $21.13… Its only going one way.

$19.

The bottom can’t be far off, a canny, savvy investor like Sean Quinn should be all over these.

[quote=“Sidney, post: 343956”]$19.

The bottom can’t be far off, a canny, savvy investor like Sean Quinn should be all over these.[/quote]

I hear that Peety is on the case.

Whats the cheapest/easiest way to buy shares on the London AIM?

Are Glanbia shares worth a punt lads?

I would say yes. Food prices seem to be going only one way. Of courśe shares can drop in price also so be careful.

[quote=“balbec, post: 343960”]

I would say yes. Food prices seem to be going only one way. Of courśe shares can drop in price also so be careful.[/quote]

:lol:

Have some money to invest myself. Don’t know the share market. What do people think about government bonds??

Anyone have any real thoughts on Glanbia going forward with the abolition of Milk Quota on the horizon? The share price has doubled in the last 12 months and with a new processing facility in the pipeline in Belview, are they a solid investment?

Sounds like you should put it on that horse that’s running in Haydock Park today.

I’ve a few fake ones. Read the farmers journal for all you need to know.

I have some shares in Glanbia my friend and I would advise you to put a few quid in there if you have it to spare. However, if you have a few grand, I would go with Kerry Group. They are set to dominate the food ingredients market and Irish food and drinks companies are where it’s at at the moment. Share price is almost prohibitively high at around $38 at the moment but it depends how much you can afford to put in at the moment mate.

That is probably the worst attempt at humor & sarcasm ever you dope!

[quote=“carryharry, post: 343967”]

That is probably the worst attempt at humor & sarcasm ever you dope![/quote]

+1.

Unless you’re willing to put quite a lot of research into equities and understand where there is value, then probably your best bet is funds. otherwise you 're just gambling.

Find an index tracker fund (I.e. they’re just trying to match the performance of the FTSE / DOW etc) that has low fees. That should offer good diversification and over any medium term outlook should give a reasonable return I.e. 5-6% per year.

If you do want to buy individual shares, key point is to spread your investment - don’t put all your eggs in the one basket. Also try to spread across industries, areas, currencies etc.

What’s the P/E bud?

BOI shares are looking cheap at the moment. I think they give you a free branch if you buy a hundred.

How can I buy Bank of Ireland shares, lets say an experimental amount like €500 or something like that, maybe less. What is the best online site for buying them??? They are 10 cent at the moment, if they go to 20 cent, I double my money.

Do a spread bet on it 50 quid a point/cent. Max you could lose is 500.

Not giving advice on the purchase either way. But that is the cheapest way to do it IMO because there is a very limited downside with this particular co

[quote=“dancarter, post: 343973”]

Do a spread bet on it 50 quid a point/cent. Max you could lose is 500.

Not giving advice on the purchase either way. But that is the cheapest way to do it IMO because there is a very limited downside with this particular co[/quote]

Would the spread not be 8-12 or 9-11 though so you’re having to buy at a slightly higher rate. Good idea all the same though.