Investment Opportunities (get poor quickly schemes)

What to the finance professionals here consider a decent yield on an investment property in Dublin’s better areas?

6.5 % Brian.

That’s probably the going rate Fagan but I don’t see that as a respectable enough return to make it worthwhile. Water charges, property taxes, replacing items, periods of no tenants, hassle of it etc. You also have to pay tax on the income which brings the return right down. You have a lack of liquidity. If you are borrowing for the investment then you have interest costs, interest rate risks etc.

It’s an acceptable yield for say a commercial unit filled with a long term tenant or some such or maybe as something in your pension where tax rates are more favourable.

The reality is people are buying these houses for capital appreciation which may hold through in the short term, but I wouldn’t want to be a long term holder. There are better places to put your money.

Anything less than 10 isnt worth the hassle

Not really, havent had a pill in over 7 years

First cheque in the door just now. I could be crashing with TWCB or Kev by tomorrow evening…

did your Nana die?

Nope. Just never realised I was eligible for a tax credit for being a single parent.

I’ll probably be dead before me ould nan, anyhow. She has an air of longevity about her that’s severely lacking in me.

[quote=“Thrawneen, post: 887890, member: 129”]Nope. Just never realised I was eligible for a tax credit for being a single parent.

I’ll probably be dead before me ould nan, anyhow. She has an air of longevity about her that’s severely lacking in me.[/quote]

especially if you wander the country fighting with anyone who disses the family

who is to say tassotis local doesn`t have a scheduled night where they box the heads off one another

:([quote=“Thrawneen, post: 887777, member: 129”]First cheque in the door just now. I could be crashing with TWCB or Kev by tomorrow evening…[/quote]

Ah, I’d upset the kids, Fitzy. I can’t fucking stand cricket.

Aw mate I had visions of you facing our 10 year old Mitchell Johnson in the backyard, followed by a few beverages on the deck.

I went for Saturday morning training with Sydney Parade Railway Union or whatever they’re called when I was 16 and hit a six on my first couple of goes on the bat, so I’m sure we can work something out, pal.

What’s your piss of choice anyhow?

[quote=“Thrawneen, post: 888080, member: 129”]I went for Saturday morning training with Sydney Parade Railway Union or whatever they’re called when I was 16 and hit a six on my first couple of goes on the bat, so I’m sure we can work something out, pal.

What’s your piss of choice anyhow?[/quote]

Generally Stella, but I like to go through some of the independent brewers pale ales and IPA’s here, like James Squire, Lord Nelson, Beez Neez, Fat Yak etc. Drink a fair bit of red wine also, love south australian shiraz.

Fix me up with a six pack of James Boag’s and I’m there.

Have you considered buying shares in the Bridge Bar Thraw?

I haven’t, but now I think about it, that mobility scooter is parked outside the joint everytime I go by it, so there must be a decent crowd of regulars and maybe it’s worth a punt.

What would posters think of investing or taking a job at somewhere that operates a Jordan Belfort style of business? I do have morals, but they’re, well, malleable, as such.

Is that you Cyril? As such?

Here you go lads (especially those on the west coast) - major investment opportunity heading your way, uber scrap metal possibilities. I expect a finders fee.

http://www.smh.com.au/travel/travel-news/cannibal-ratinfested-cruise-ship-adrift-in-atlantic-20140124-hv9p1.html