Ireland politics (Part 1)

I can only think he sees FF as his only option to change things. However for the purpose of being consistent I have to agree with @Fagan_ODowd and label him a cunt like I did when Colm Keaveney was guilty of a similar treacherous act.

Letā€™s hope Stephen remembers where this gaff isā€¦

When did you do this pal?

Ya thatā€™s definitely the most likely outcome alright :grinning:.
I suppose he saw his only chance to influence things was inside the machine rather than outside, doesnā€™t make him any less of a cunt though

I do find it incredibly hypocritical among the usual social media hysteria that weā€™re constantly asked if people donā€™t remember that Fianna FĆ”il led us into the last recession.

Itā€™s even more funny when you realise that itā€™s coming from Fine Gaelers, thank you for helping out with the 1980s, and the Shinners, where do you even start.

The message seems to be that ā€˜You canā€™t forget what on in the past, unless itā€™s something that I didā€™.

ā€¦ when Colm Keaveney committed said treacherous act.

Interesting.

Nice to see you back posting again anyway :popcorn:

Nearly every other European country has seen the emergence of some new political party of some twist or another to challenge the status quo. I think he would have had the credibility to build his own movement if he tried rather than getting dragged into the establishment. The social democrats was the right idea wrong execution but he could have tried again

1 Like

Thanks, nice to be appreciated.

Yeah in the last election the policies I found myself agreeing most were the Social Democrats and The Greens.

They, The Social Democrats, needed to pick a leader and plan out a proper campaign.

Considering how long itā€™s taken for him to confirm the move to Fianna FĆ”il I presume that he did a lot of negotiating with Martin regarding his role and their direction in the future. I canā€™t see it turning in a George Lee situation where he thinks heā€™s automatically entitled to a front bench position due to his stardom.

Heā€™ll be a loss from the debates however. Weā€™re down him and Lucinda now from last time out.

Check into reality.

1 Like

Heā€™s already been catapulted to the FF front bench and is now their spokesman on Brexit.

:rollseyes:

Interesting how he will handle Monaghan mushroom farmers.

Like how FF constantly attack SF for what went on in the 70s-90s even tho we all agreed to move on.

Sort of like that.

SF asked for that to be forgotten but then continuously refer back to the recession.

Iā€™m not standing up for FF here, I havenā€™t voted for them in about four elections Iā€™d say, just pointing out the hypocrisy from all sides.

Great to see Charlie meeting Paul Ryan in Washington this week

Even better to see that he at least got in the door on this trip, unlike the last time

I called the man a future Taoiseach and nothing today has changed that

11 Likes

The Donnelly drivetime interview from the other evening is amusing.

ā€œYou described Fianna FĆ”il as a party of jobs for the boys, bonuses for the boys, lack of accountability and two fingers to the DĆ”il.ā€

ā€œThatā€™s not my language. I didnā€™t say that.ā€

ā€œItā€™s in an article you wrote in The Sunday Independent. Itā€™s on your own website.ā€

4 Likes