Ireland politics (Part 1)

What the fuck do you expect when you put wimmin in charge of something.

Leo is on his way back to sort things out. :grinning: we’re all saved.

Noel Rock TD on RTE news at One starting to raise Kenny’s leadership as an issue. Could this incident be the catalyst for a push on him?

Leo is the FG version of Mary Hannafin.

Would Kenny stand if another election was called? Did he not promise the previous one was going to be his last? Kenny to break election promise??? Wasn’t the last heave formed by the Dublin based TDs.

I think Kenny wanted to hang on to welcome his holiness to these shores neXT year and then fly off into the sunset

Where is Enda? Rock would have more reason than most FGers to be worried. He just about grabbed the last seat in Dublin NW from the FF candidate. He’d be toast if a GE was called based on the latest opinion poll.

He’d be no fucking loss. Another chinless wonder from the Fine Gael stable.

Is he anything to Barney and Dean?

He’s the spit of them and Barney has previously been involved in right-wing politics in the area.

An aptly named cunt, out from under his rock now that he smells blood, but forelock tugs his way through the rest of his political life.

1 Like

Complete timeline of the Maurice McCabe story is detailed here:

4 Likes

Would I be right in thinking that he’s pitched his tent in Leos camp? (Pardon the pun )

Mick Clifford details the case of the second Garda whistleblower which Katie Hannon first brought to light on Friday’s Six-One and which Alan Kelly referenced yesterday on The Week In Politics, the one which Frances Fitzgerald has been sent 13 separate letters about over the last six months by the garda outlining his treatment.

Noirin O’Sullivan has been aware of this case for at least a year.

It’s very reminiscent of what happened to Maurice McCabe.

1 Like

Looks like it’s standard procedure to label garda whistle blowers as paedos. This must be the reforms Noirin was on about.

5 Likes

I thought the same thing and made some enquiries. No relation apparently. Barney did stand unsuccessfully for the PDs a number of years ago.

Any updates, guys? Are we looking at an election? Has the no confidence motion been tabled?

I think the no confidence motion is not being voted on until Wednesday

Great. Just the 48hrs of lads writing essays and lashing up articles so…

Well the FG chairman pulled no punches.

Superintendent Dave Taylor has been informed by the DPP that there is no case against him with regards to the allegation that he was responsible for leaking stories to the media. O’Sullivan will be gone within hours
:popcorn:

3 Likes