Ireland politics (Part 1)

Heā€™ve the health service more or less sorted so he needs something to fill his time with

Good to have a nice view before you pull the trigger hey?

I lost two minutes of my life reading that thread. Twitter is a fucking hole of a place.

Delightful Prime Time on now showing a tiny trade union trying to destroy the Irish film industry.

It was only discovered when one of the interns tried to buy a Big Mac Meal with the vouchers and had a mental breakdown when McDonalds staff wouldnt accept the voucher.

Iā€™m sure that is only the tip of the iceberg with these fuckers.

Michael Dā€™s confirmation at the apex of our political system is apposite because it is mirrored in the triumph of many of the causes that have animated his lifeā€™s work. Contraception, divorce, gay rights, abortion rights; all campaigned for by Michael D before they were (as they say) profitable or popular; all achieved.

Labourā€™s ideas, Michael Dā€™s ideas, won out in the end.

what a crock of shit; miggledy got in in the first instance because of the RTE stitch up. he got in the second time because he was the incumbent and had the support of the FFGLAB cabal and also the media.

if labour principles are being taken on them Iā€™m sure you ll have a small wager with me about bacik getting a seat in the next election?

3 Likes

Labour and in particular Ruairi Quinn had some decent economic ideas. Lowering of tax to make more tax, development of Dublin docklands under a specific authority to circumvent planning nonsense.

Michael D getting in on back of changing moral culture is of course horseshit. He refuses to walk the walk himself.

2 Likes

:rollseyes:

1 Like

What a stupid argument. ā€œIf you think labour are popular then you must think their least popular candidate will become a TD.ā€ You both missed the point of the article and then doubled down with an dumber conclusion. What a dumdum.

a dumdum is a bullet, also known as a hollow point, which is what you normally make on this forum.

the article was a crock of shite, as ive previously said. tell you what, if youre too chicken to go with the bacik bet. hiow about betting usernames on whether labour get over 6% first preferences at the next election?

2 Likes

Doubling down on having missed the point of the article. A bold strategy.

In this instance a dumdum is a stupid person, i.e. you.

I havenā€™t missed the point of the article, as per previous posts I disagree with the article as its a crock of shit

youre a coward

2 Likes

You have art. And your silly bet has no relation to the point of the article, itā€™s a non sequitur. Dumdum.

perhaps then youā€™d like to comment on the exit polling for the parties in the presidential election which had labour on 6%, hardly a smothering embrace of labour policies that manifested itself in the champagne dwarf

Why do you keep going on about labour and itā€™s prospects in the next election and challenging me to a bet about it? The article doesnā€™t make a point about it and neither did it. Itā€™s baffling carry on.

from the article, and your initial post

ā€œLabourā€™s ideas, Michael Dā€™s ideas, won out in the endā€

you must be fair stupid