Ireland politics (Part 1)

Bloody start of it

First time Leo ever stared at a nurse Id say

3 Likes

I think they have male nurses now.

2 Likes

He must have been in a thigh high uniform and a pair of stilettos. Leo would have stared at him all day.

2 Likes

Grim reading

Ah sure it’s not their money. They dont give a fuck

It’s not your money either

Ah jaysus looked who crawled out of Leo the liars arse to comment.

No different to any other countries capital projects . Projects of that scale and circumstance are rare, hence difficult to estimate without detailed design.

Most projects of a decent scale in the UK use two stage procurement to fix the costs prior to commencement.

Homophobe

Yeah but would think we’d have a near final spec before signing a contract. Main contractor left with an open goal.

That’s how two stage is supposed to work. It doesn’t mean however that the costs won’t go up massively from stage 1 to 2. The costs of providing a for construction design in advance of deciding to proceed on a project of this scale would be prohibitive.

Design & Build or PPP would have been the proper way to do it.

Ppp maybe but could you fuck let an Irish contractor off to d & b that. Past failures of ppp are still costing the tax payer a fortune.

1 Like

D&B with a proper brief and employer requirements, run a design competition, might have encouraged international interest or at least JVs

Hospital that size, I’d say the stakeholders meetings were fucking hilarious.

1 Like

They tried europe. Mace are already in Dublin and would have been ideal to deliver but avoided it.

I can imagine unqualified people demanding ridiculous requirements based on their stupid singular views.

Indeed

The Olympics was worst of all. Trebled.

BAM have offered to pull out of the National Childrens hospital development if the board wants.

They’re calling Leo’s bluff over his comments in the dail