Ireland v Finland & Greece

Very good save by his leg there by Kelleher, @Little_Lord_Fauntleroy will be disappointed he didnā€™t pick an Irish player out though.

Szmodic reminds me a lot of Liam Lawrence - seems to have the same one pacedness too

1 Like

How we arenā€™t being dished out an absolute hole-opening Iā€™ll never know.

They are putting their bodies on the line. The coach is a chartered dentist and has inspired them.

1 Like

Weā€™re not having our hole opened because weā€™re getting in their faces when they have the ball rather than standing back and admiring.

Smodics has made a serious difference to the team. A hard nosed experienced pro with a Craig Bellamy-like demeanour.

1 Like

If only he could run like Bellamy

1 Like

Iā€™m not sure we can carry a player like Parrott away from home against a half decent side. Heā€™s a bit of a luxury player, thereā€™s been a few instances where he hasnā€™t put in the hard yards or made a 10-15 yard sprint to get back into the defensive shape. Heā€™s picked it up in the last 10 minutes or so in that side of the game in fairness though.

5 Likes

Go at him Ogbene

He should be playing more central where he can influence the game a bit more I think. Greece seem to be getting their crosses in a bit easier from the right where heā€™s a bit passive pressing. The home crowd getting antsy with the ref now which is an encouraging sign.

1 Like

Ogbene has the beating of that kid

Personally I really like the way weā€™re playing here. Itā€™s a bit reminiscent of the early Trap/early Martin Oā€™Neill days.

We actually look pretty purposeful in attack especially when the ball is played down Ogbeneā€™s channel.

6 Likes

He gets shafted having to play wing as coach knows Troy wonā€™t track back

The ref hasnā€™t given us a sniff

1 Like

Ireland should always play 442. Weā€™d a simpleton playing 3 at the back for years.

Ogbene is some loss to the Cork footballers. Imagine him playing wing-forward.

1 Like

Beautiful from Scales

1 Like

Agricultural but brilliantly effective by Scales.

Nemo did ok without him today

Ah ref

Some tackle by scalea there

2 Likes