Ireland v Greece - UEFA EURO 2024 Qualifying

Fiona though

About 2% according to the nerds who monitor these things.

My days.

I presume we’d have a new manager bounce by then. In conscience we couldn’t go into a game like that with Spock in charge still.

It’s your classic “high risk, no reward” strategy

John Eustace would be a decent choice as new manager. Unlucky to be sacked by Birmingham.

There will be no new manager until May next year at the earliest. We don’t have a competitive game until September so they will take their time.

Roy Hodgson might be looking for something to do by then. We’ll need to go cap in hand to Ireland Inc. though.

Announce Duff

1 Like

You’ve finally budged from your Pro-Kenny stance?

1 Like

Its a very sad reflection on our Millionaires/Billionaires that one of them cant stump up 1m or 2m per year for our National Team.

This Johnny Hill fella in charge cant even get an official sponsor.

Dela is gone over four years now so any idiot blaming him for the current shitshow doesn’t know what they are talking about.

5 Likes

SAF’s fingers looked to be all over that. Then he did the same effectively.

1 Like

An enemy of Ireland

Hasn’t worked mate obviously. Time to get rid of Doherty, Duffy etc. Bring in athletes like Ebosele and Omobamidele.

Is Spock just a poor enough judge of players?

I find how he has handled Liam Scales a microcosm of his time in charge. Scales was a very solid left back for the 21s and Shamrock Rovers, nothing spectacular but an honest and willing lad who will give you plenty of 7/10 performances in a position where we have fuck all depth. Yet he completely ignored him during his first year + in charge. Celtic sign Scales and hey presto Scales is called up a few days later - pure knee jerk due to him getting a transfer.

He spends last year playing regularly at Aberdeen yet not on the radar whatsoever while we have the likes of Darragh Lenihan starting in defence and McClean/O’Dowda at wing back. Now after 7 or 8 starts for a Celtic he is a starting calibre player for us.

I like Scales and am happy to see him do well but it is not like he is hugely improved on the solid player he was 2 years ago.

The jettisoning of McClean and then Duffy only to bring them back in ad key starters is another head scratchers. Omabamadele has done nothing wrong in a Ireland shirt yet he can’t get on the pitch

2 Likes

All the chat about getting rid of Duffy is gas altogether seeing as he has a physical presence & one of the top scorers in current squad.

We have inexperienced talent coming through, they need the odd experienced head in the setup.

You talk a serious amount of shite on soccer.

He has definitely followed the hipster football writers picking players they want.

Whether it’s weak management or Spock being influenced by the gobshites who lobbied his appointment I don’t know.

He definitely hasn’t had the gumption to stick to a plan or a team since his appointment which must make it very difficult for the players to play with any fluency or cohesion tbf.

I can’t believe he in still in his position tbh

It’s gotten to the stage where you fully expect us to be beaten at home by Greece and nobody will be shocked if we don’t beat Gibraltar. It’s as low as I can remember us being. The question is who will be next in or more importantly who can we afford.

Another certainty with Ireland teams is a pure non performance at home.
Occasionally they play well away but at home it’s continuous shite.

Home form is key and we don’t worry teams in Dublin

I think nearly every Celtic fan would disagree with that .

Scales plays LCB for Celtic and did at Aberdeen

He didnt do it at Celtic at LB

Bizarre that spock picked him.at LB

2 Likes