Ireland v Switzerland

Hopefully pulled at ht

The last fella you want there

I called this fella out 2 years ago… He’s not up to it.

Smash it yourself Ferguson

Cullen is a passenger really

Ireland have created some content for the “Good Irish Play” segment at half-time over the last few minutes.

Some of the finishing / efforts at goal have been miserable.

When Ireland close down with aggression they are causing them to cough the ball up. Standing 2 yards off them and allowing the play two touch for too much of that half.

Bazunu has been very poor with playing the ball out. Some of the lads not killing themselves getting into position for a pass either.

Swiss keeping men high and wide when they have the ball to keep Brady and Coleman pushed back into a back 5 and leaving the midfield light of numbers. I’d be asking one of my centre backs to step out into midfield when that happens.

1 Like

Wall was setup all wrong for their goal.

Knight has been poor. They figured out our famed double pivot fairly quickly and are pressing up on them and then we’ve nobody else central.

Johnston is miles off it.

Collins doing well I think.

1 Like

I would have played 8 new players from the starting team the other night. Why play Coleman, O’Shea, Collins, Cullen, Ferguson, Brady again. Throw in the other lads, freshen it up. Ferguson needs a goal, absolutely, but he hasn’t a right to start every game.
Anyway, maybe he’ll hook a few at ht

Ferguson needs to become more aggressive in his play. He is very young so hopefully that comes into his game. He could do with an older experienced head up there with him.
Like when Robbie Keane had Quinn to lean on.

Would like to see Idah off the left here with Ferguson through the middle

Moran for Knight-Idah for Johnston

Knight and Johnston and the way they underhit passes is killing the team

Thank fuck Ferguson is left on

Christ we’re poor.

Paddy isnt cut out for this lark of a game

Theyve done fine…just need to weed out some players that aren’t good enough.

Coleman and Brady still on the pitch sums it up. Woeful on and off the pitch.

Idah playing well since he came on. The spell at Celtic doing him the world of good it seems

1 Like

The likes of O’Dowda and Johnston just dont have the physicality or technical consistency. Smodicz-Idah-Ogbene Ferguson should be the front 4