Ireland's least funny comedian is Jason fucking Byrne

These lads…sum up the look at me and validate me and love me attitude of the snowflakes. They are desperately unfunny.

My life partner wants us to go to Foil Arms and Hog in The National Opera House on the May Bank Holiday Weekend. Relationships are all about compromise so I readily agreed to her request. I’ll report back, mate.

2 Likes

I saw them recently in Letterkenny.

It was excellent for for the first half and about ten minutes after the interval. Tethered off a bit after that.

Definitely worth going to.

@Gman the like and shares will be the way of the comedy world from now now. Guarantees a bit of income for them. Foil Arms & Hogg’s videos are good in general. i wouldn’t expect it to be side splitting every week just as i would have expected The Far Side by Gary Larson to serve up a wonderfully funny cartoon every time I open the newspaper.

1 Like

There hasn’t been a decent Irish comedy duo since Tom & Pascal

2 Likes

The problem with too many comedians is they come out with a couple of good jokes and then believe their own hype. They start pontificating to the world then about political and social issues then. Ireland is infested with unfunny fuckwits with notions about themselves.

You’ve just described most TFK posters there i think

8 Likes

very good mate

1 Like

I think the exact opposite. The level of corruption and incompetence in Irish society is significant and there’s an ocean of material to be exploited by decent Irish comedians.

Aside from Tiernan and his blasphemy stuff, has any Irish comedian got stuck into political and societal issues to funny/good effect? It’s largely tired as fuck “Irish Mammy” jokes and banal, stale shit like that.

Now there’s a place for comedy based on simple observational / day to day life happenings but there’s surely also room for people to get stuck into these more serious issues in a caustic, witty, sarcastic, funny way.

1 Like

a video I saw of foil arms and hog doing exactly what you have said above was the reason I put them in here. Driving lessons with your mammy. the unfunny cunts. Enjoy the “gig”.

Dermot Morgan.

Scrap Saturday was genius.

1 Like

Oliver Callan.

2 Likes

McSavage

An hour and a half is a long time to listen to a guy or girl doing stand up comedy .

One of the best I ever saw was a lad, possibly called eoin o Neill?? From the north.
He told a knock knock joke about the British army which went on for about 15 minutes, and was outstanding.

He’s now playing up front for Cork City and goes by the name of Seanie Maguire.

Cc @mickee321

Happy that no one has nominated Jimmy Carr. He’s a good comedian

Is he from Tooting?

Mother and Father from Limerick. Irish

We have proper comedians here, not some lad telling mammy jokes or some fool on about leaving the emmersion on

1 Like

Its Seani mate