Cheltenham-Early thoughts

FAO of @faldo and @Jimmy_Mc_Nulty , whats the deal with McCarthy, is he getting the road?

Strong talk of a season long loan to Celtic this morning and apparently McCarthy is keen on the idea. Would’ve liked to see Koeman give him one season before getting rid but he has dropped down the pecking order behind Barry, Idrissa Gueye and probably even Besic, who is injured currently.

On his day he is just what you want from a defensive midfielder, hard working, good stamina, breaks up play, and not afraid to put a boot in. His limitations from an attacking point of view are well documented but I’ve always felt it’s more of a confidence issue rather than a lack of ability.

He hasn’t progressed the way I thought he would over the last season or two but he wasn’t the only player to lose his way at Everton under Martinez. His performances at the Euros saw the very good mixed with the very bad.

A loan spell might be the best move for both parties.
It’d be a chance for McCarthy to regain some consistency and give Koeman the option to bring him back into the fold next summer.

im going to Crete for a week in september

great stuff

is your kid in school yet? the price of holidays shoot up when you holiday in conjunction with the school holidays

this is the last year now mate in the creche
the wife finally managed to get the dole which is great , not sure how we swung that, only have been trying since 2014
what’s the story with the year free in the creche do you know?

1 Like

yes, you can get 2 years under ECCE

The state contribute for 3 hours a day I believe and if your little angel stays longer then you pay a top up

Useful information here http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/education/pre_school_education_and_childcare/early_childhood_care_and_education_scheme.html

Were you not on here a few months ago blowing about buying a range rover and having a few houses?

i was, hence the sense of achievement

2 Likes

Her name wouldn’t be Erica by any chance?

2 Likes

no

what posters on here currently reside abroad?

@balbec - poland
@Bandage @Rocko - Glasgow, Scotland, UK
@Piles_Hussain - luxembourg
the aussie crew is reduced to @Fitzy and @Chucks_Nwoko

4 Likes

Yep. Great craic in Krakow at the moment. Wisla Krakow are in meltdown. The club was bought by some mafia guy a month ago and now he has done a runner. it has now been bought by a consortium of local businessmen, “The friends of Krakow”. The leader of the group is the hooligan who threw the knife at Dino Baggio some years ago. They will be lucky to get 5000 fans this year, the hardcore hooligan element.

There’s a couple of yanks floating about including @anon7035031.
Was @Turenne in Singapore last i heard?

This truly is a global talkshop.

1 Like

@Lazarus - Leicester.
@the_man_himself - Hull.

2 Likes

@flattythehurdler lives in Didsbury.
@anon7035031 lives in the USA
@turenne is in Singapore
@RaymondCrotty is in Asia somewhere.

2 Likes

@maroonandwhite- newfoundland

2 Likes

what was the reaction in the that Polish sports website / daily that you read to Legia’s performance last night mate?
they seem to be having a mare at the moment

Look at this plastic hammer waving wanker wanting to know if the local paper praised the plucky Irish underdogs. You pathetic cunt.

4 Likes

:grinning:

They were shitting themselves until they scored late on. They partied like it was 1999. They are planning to add a few players to the squad, mainly Radovic the Serb who they sold Partizan and jedrezcyk that they sold to Krasnoday. And they are going to invest in a new academy. Themselves and Celtic will be cannon fodder in the group stages.